Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 PDK Steering Wheel onto 997.2

keithrobinson

Spa-Francorchamps
I've seen some photos of the 991.2 and I see its fitted with a multifunction paddle steering wheel. The GT3 RS 991 has the same wheel.

I really hope it will be avaliable to buy and fit to my 997.2 as I want paddles but don't want to lose my multifunction/heated PDK wheel.

Thoughts? Think it will be possible? I think the same wheel is on the Macan PDK

It will fit. I put a 991 MFSW on my 987C.2 PDK. Round airbag, splines, and connectors are all the same.

Keith, I'm potentially considering an upgrade as well, if and when the parts become readily available. But I expect that the fly in the ointment will be the price - reckon £1200 for the wheel and maybe £600 for the airbag. :sad:

Time will tell, but wouldn't be surprised if I've actually gone in too low on the prices. :x

Mr Grumpy said:
It will fit. I put a 991 MFSW on my 987C.2 PDK. Round airbag, splines, and connectors are all the same.

I think thats a different wheel, the 991.2 has the same PDK wheel as the Macan and new Cayenne. It gives Paddles with MFSW.

Sorry. Wasn't sure what you meant by 991.2

The "cooking" 991s use the same splines and connectors as the 987, so I doubt they would change them on the RS.

I ve got a 991 MFSW and 2 997 gen 2 MFSW's in the corner
i"ll take a look at them in the morning and see if the connection look the same
( they came from cars i ve fitted Paddle shift steering wheels to)

Fingers crossed the Next Gen 991 is the same then, it's a great looking wheel and will give all the features.

Resurrecting an old post here......

I would love to change my 997.2 MFSW with PDK buttons for a paddle version and ideally keep the MFSW too - thought this was impossible until I read this thread.

Which steering wheels could I use?

Pictures and part numbers would be a really great help but any guidance very much appreciated.

997.2 MFSW available for sale too, or px.
What do you have?

Just subscribing as interested in this too, have a paddle wheel on my 997.2 but would like multifunction too, didn't know it was possible.

There are a couple of threads on 6speedonline where a few people have done the swap.

I'm keen on this mod as well but the 991.2 wheels aren't cheap.

I'd like to keep heating and M/F and get the paddles. I'll have to do some searching.

Still looking into the Macan steering wheel option - I am working on the assumption that the round Macan airbag is different to the one in my round airbag 997.2 MSFW - can anyone confirm/ deny please?

Can anyone confirm as I have been offered a Macan steering wheel (no airbag) and am tempted....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back