Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oil Leak.

AdamWB

Hi,
I have just discovered I have a very slight oil leak on the area shown on the image I have uploaded. I say slight, as the car has been in the garage for 5 days and I would say an eggcup of oil on the floor. I have got my head underneath and can see there is a problem on the drivers side corner but am curious as to what this points to. I am hoping it will be something not too serious. I was hoping someone on the forum might be able to tell me first what this section of the cars engine is/does and if they have any experience of a leak presenting itself here? I have not had it on a ramp so can not be sure that this is the source of the leak.

Any ideas folks?
Thanks in advance
Adam

Attachments

• bb_997_c2s_166.jpg
    bb_997_c2s_166.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 1,200
The part circled is the brake tandem pump , it provides vacum for the brake servo , yours looks clean from the picture , usually they are very rusty and can go porous causeing oil leaks .

Pictures here ..

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1045865

Edit ..

As your pump looks pretty clean then i would have a look above it as well , also there seems to be oil on your exhaust cats .

Sorry. I should have mentioned. This is a random photo of the underside of a C2S. Mine is far from like this!

need a real pic, but as Demort says it could be the tandem oil pump, mine was very corroded and started leaking.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back