Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 Virgin 40 Bags Challenge

Kimbo said:
...and in the Red corner:

One of the most exciting cars you could ever drive.

Plus you get to pocket £18,000.

And when the roof's down, it won't look like a pram.

Screen_Shot_2017_03_21_at_10_10_30.jpg

Thats a very cool car in red. Seems a steal for the price.

987 Boxster with the good engine and small wheels (which make the car handle better). I was very fortunate to have one for a week and put 700 miles on it. Its very good but... I was so happy to get the 993 (with manual, vario-ram and 17 inch wheels) at the end of the week! Of course the 993 does not handle as well (in terms of lateral g) as a 987 but it gives so much more feedback and feel.

And it is not a 993 series 911. Having bought a new Boxster 2.7 in 2001 (November delivery after order) & upgraded to a 997.1 in 2004 (November delivery after order) how I wished I have bought the P registration 993 in the showroom at Porsche Liverpool's Mann Island dealership for sale when I walked into the showroom in February 2001. I still recall it sitting forlorn in the showroom behind the 996's which are now probably worth £30K less than it is worth today!!!

GARY S said:
how I wished I have bought the P registration 993 in the showroom at Porsche Liverpool's Mann Island dealership for sale when I walked into the showroom in February 2001.

:hand: Ah yes but you would have paid big cahoonas for it then and when you weigh up keeping it until now you will probably have made an overall loss

Big Phil R has a 993 coming in Ocean/Grey hardbacks if anyone is interested. Price to be announced.

We are all wise with the benefit of hindsight! I can remember seeing a 911 3.2 Carrera (with the G50) with 110,000 miles on it for 20,000 but realising I would have to spend 10,000 fixing it up so it was not worth it!

In 1983 I bought a '69 LHD 911T in Guards red (not from young George eaton) for £1,300. I sold it a few months later for £1,500 and thought I'd done rather well :roll:

Those were the days when the MOT inspector wore a brown lab coat and I had to buy some nail varnish for the rear brake lights - it failed for showing 'white light to the rear' :what:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back