Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

200 cell cats vs RSR mufflers

I'm potentially interested - depends on what they come up with pricewise... :chin:

cableguy said:
I'd be interested. :thumb:
Chris993C2 said:
I'm potentially interested - depends on what they come up with pricewise... :chin:
Thanks - I'll call up and get back to you. Expecting it to be around the figures at the top of this page anyway; anything better a bonus, anything more a disappointment.

Am I correct in thinking that i'd need to remove the cat(s) section, ship to them and they would fit the 200cell variants and ship back?

C.

cableguy said:
Am I correct in thinking that i'd need to remove the cat(s) section, ship to them and they would fit the 200cell variants and ship back?

C.
I know that's how it works with Gert/Carnewal, but with everyone on here that's gone with Powerspeed, they've driven there and waited whilst it's done. Clearly that would be quite the journey for you :lol: - so I'll ask if they do the shipping method when I call...

I'm interested too...

ch3tman said:
cableguy said:

C.
I know that's how it works with Gert/Carnewal, but with everyone on here that's gone with Powerspeed, they've driven there and waited whilst it's done. Clearly that would be quite the journey for you :lol: - so I'll ask if they do the shipping method when I call...

My thoughts too. Depending on price its a toss up between Gerts HJS Cats and these Powerspeed variants.

C.

Sadly we didn't get enough numbers to secure a deal. Nevertheless, I finally had the 200 cell cats fitted this week.

To anyone on the fence: do it :D.

Thank you to everyone's help, input and videos, in this thread. Most appreciated :thumbs:.

Most noticeable difference?

Hopefully Ch3tman is too busy out and about, enjoying his new setup.

For me, there were two major differences but I'll leave it for Ch3tman to relay his experience to you.

^ :lol: exactly that! Some enjoyable miles covered today, the weather has been good for it :).

As for the most noticeable differences:

(feel free to comment Sutton!)

- A slightly louder and pronounced (deeper/mechanical?) sound on idle;
- Slightly more raspy when revving into the higher rpms;
- Seems slightly more free-revving and responsive- and although this could simply be the placebo effect, I think I noticed the same in Sutton's car too.

Just as importantly, and probably the thing holding me back before, was the worry of potential drone/resonance at cruising speeds, or it sounding 'unsociable' in residential areas . Luckily there has been none of this so far... massive plus points.

Do bear in mind I've only covered around 110 miles so far, and the characteristics may change over time, as the miles are racked up. So I invite others to contribute and add to my limited experience...

Credit where credits due. very helpful thread via the search facility.

End result 200 cells cats and RSRs booked at Gerts May 2019.

cheers

Ian

Exactly the combination that I have and I love it.

Dirty looks from pensioners when I rumble past after a cold start, priceless :grin:

Ghost said:
Exactly the combination that I have and I love it.

Dirty looks from pensioners when I rumble past after a cold start, priceless :grin:

Perfect :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back