Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Got it!

DaleD53 said:
Brilliant car - well done it looks great. Out of interest how long did you have the 964 for ? - I was interested in your comparison :thumbs:

I had the 964 for about 12 years and have never kept a car for that length of time before - I always used to change cars every 18 months or so as I got bored with them!

The 997 has c100 bhp more and is just all round a more modern piece of machinery.

I am definitely not decrying the 964 as it is a great car but I think I was ready for a change to the extra power and a few more whistles and bells to play with.
I have to say I am so glad that I waited for a car with PSE - I just love that noise and have to open the windows as I go through tunnels and between high stone buildings! Just a kid at heart I guess.

They are all stunning cars but have definitely evolved over time . :thumb:

Attachments

• facebook_1490373439364_812.jpg
    facebook_1490373439364_812.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 3,888
Very nice

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Fantastic specification in terms of build options. That would have left a bit of a tear to see that leave the home of the previous owner. It's pretty much got all the right desirable options making it a plug in and drive.

Apart from a PCM update (maybe), possibly a fresh service and let OPC cast fresh eyes over, it what a good find. :thumb:

MNC911 said:
Fantastic specification in terms of build options. That would have left a bit of a tear to see that leave the home of the previous owner. It's pretty much got all the right desirable options making it a plug in and drive.

Apart from a PCM update (maybe), possibly a fresh service and let OPC cast fresh eyes over, it what a good find. :thumb:

Thankfully it has full OPC service history from new and the month before I bought it the previous owner had a minor service and brake fluid change done.

yes very nice example, black with heated sports seats and PSE are essentials but i am biased
Anything you plan to do to it ?

:congrats: :goodjob:

:drive:

Literally identical to my car except mine is a cabrio! Nice car, enjoy :)

seeforez said:
yes very nice example, black with heated sports seats and PSE are essentials but i am biased
Anything you plan to do to it ?

Not a great deal TBH. The PPI confirmed that a clutch will be needed soon (it was quite heavy on the test drive) so I will get that sorted fairly quickly and I will in time fit Zunsport grilles but at the moment I just want to get comfortable driving it. My 964 was a C4 and I am noticeably more cautious driving the 997 in the wet. It's definitely my confidence and not the car that I need to improve!
I have also been checking out suitable detailing products and will be going for Chemical Guys BlackLight and Black Wax to really bring the colour out. Thankfully SWMBO bought me a DAS 60 Pro DA polisher for Xmas (to restore the bodywork on my son's classic Mini!).
Ultimately I'll probably go for LED lights front and rear too.
And there's a couple of very minor blemishes on the wheels I'd like sorted.
And a couple of stone chips to resolve on the front end.

Did I really say I wasn't planning on doing much?

Perfect spec imo enjoy!! I used poor boys black hole it did a great job and easy to use!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back