Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

TPC Racing DSC module ...

I have been using one on my 3RS since last year. Although I haven't driven the car that much in the last six months i have had a couple of outings on the road an then did the RS day at Oulton earlier this month.

On the road, for me, there s a huge improvement over stock. The car is far more compliant. This is not just the improved comfort but also the way it deals with our awful winter worn b roads is very impressive, its like having an extra soft option on you pasm button with the subsequent grip that would give.

At Oulton i was impressed too. Its a little difficult to give a back to back comparison as i did not, stupidly, take the original controller with me to do an A-B test but the car was noticeably flatter in the fast turns and a lot less dive under braking. Its a bit like your suspension has just discoverd Hi definition TV after years of standard! :D i had all the gizmos off and the car was gripping well pretty much everywhere. I would love to have some empirical evidence with the data logger although the butt logger tells me its an impressive improvement :lol:

Thanks for the review :) I can see why they sell out so quickly.

apollokre1d said:
Bikeracer1098 said:
Be interesting to hear your feedback.

When are you getting yours? I am dropping my car off at 9e next weekend to get it fitted while its being serviced.

I've now got 8 interested, so hopefully place the order next week and should be with me the following week or thereabouts.

Can't wait to get it fitted even though I haven't driven the far much during the past few months. Also looking forward to hearing your thoughts once your is fitted :thumb:

Bikeracer1098 said:
I've now got 8 interested, so hopefully place the order next week and should be with me the following week or thereabouts.

Can't wait to get it fitted even though I haven't driven the far much during the past few months. Also looking forward to hearing your thoughts once your is fitted :thumb:

I will definitely let you know :)

I'm going to do a run down a pretty fast but awful road near me to do a back 2 back run to see if the difference.
One thing I'm wondering is, when you have the new box fitted does it work even when it's switched off, as it's replacing the stock module I'm assuming that it will be working all the time, just at different rates depending on the button press.
I've watched the demo videos but unless your feeling it through the seat of your pants they're not really conclusive.
Certainly seems to be a quick fix for handling issues.

easternjets said:
I'm going to do a run down a pretty fast but awful road near me to do a back 2 back run to see if the difference.
One thing I'm wondering is, when you have the new box fitted does it work even when it's switched off, as it's replacing the stock module I'm assuming that it will be working all the time, just at different rates depending on the button press.
I've watched the demo videos but unless your feeling it through the seat of your pants they're not really conclusive.
Certainly seems to be a quick fix for handling issues.

Yes. Its never off. It works all the time just like the standard module it replaces. Its a control box, the dampers are still doing what they do just with faster, more precise, wider ranging control.

Bikeracer1098 said:
apollokre1d said:
Bikeracer1098 said:
Be interesting to hear your feedback.

When are you getting yours? I am dropping my car off at 9e next weekend to get it fitted while its being serviced.

Just as a heads up - there is currently 4-6 weeks lead time. That is how popular they are at the moment - they cannot make enough to keep up with demand.

Ken

So my question is currently my pasm on the gen1 NA is too soft in normal mode and too hard in sport mode, the reviews on line seem to state although the dcs improves the range of adjustment it feels softer in normal and harder in sport - does this mean although it will adapt better at a fast corner it could feel worse on the way into the corner during the unadapted stage?
My car handles very well and sticks to the road but it does have a certain amount of body roll i would like to reduce ?

seeforez said:
So my question is currently my pasm on the gen1 NA is too soft in normal mode and too hard in sport mode, the reviews on line seem to state although the dcs improves the range of adjustment it feels softer in normal and harder in sport - does this mean although it will adapt better at a fast corner it could feel worse on the way into the corner during the unadapted stage?
My car handles very well and sticks to the road but it does have a certain amount of body roll i would like to reduce ?

Upgrade your ARBs perhaps?

I had mine installed a couple of weeks or so ago on my 997 turbo with techart springs. To me it is only noticeable when you really really push it. There is less lean on the shocks. Otherwise not a huge difference, saying that my springs improved the car to how it should have been from factory and has made the biggest impact.

Callughan911 said:
I had mine installed a couple of weeks or so ago on my 997 turbo with techart springs. To me it is only noticeable when you really really push it. There is less lean on the shocks. Otherwise not a huge difference, saying that my springs improved the car to how it should have been from factory and has made the biggest impact.

Did you have both items done at the same time?

My car handles very well and sticks to the road but it does have a certain amount of body roll i would like to reduce ?[/quote]

Upgrade your ARBs perhaps?[/quote]

yes thats what i thought but then after i read up on it, some people said this was only for fine tuning so not sure, has anybody upgraded therirs on standard PASM?

Callughan911 said:

yes that seems to be the general consensus, i dont really want to go the springs route as lots of speed ramps so dont want to lower it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back