Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Minor electrics...(West) London?

TobesEtc

Just had my old electric spoiler replaced with fixed (small aero rs) spoiler, so need the electrical connections closed off to stop the dash lights going off. Plus, removed the hoop spoiler with 3rd brake and replaced with high-level brake light. The original wiring was still there for the new high level brkae, but doesn't work - probably because the connection was cut and taken to the hoop spoiler.

So - two fairly (hopefully!) simple electrical jobs. However, my usual port of call - Jaz - tell me they aren't taking any work until May. I don't fancy waiting 5+ weeks. Anyone got any suggestions for somewhere near(ish) West London who'd be trusted?

I asked Sylwester/Enigma but he wasn't keen on the job and also has a 4 week lead time.

Don't tell me to do it myself... I know that's where this is going to end up and it should be easy enough, but :-/

You could try my previous local Porsche Torque (Sid) in Uxb or my current local Tognoloa Engineering (Peter) in Datchet. Fairly confident Peter would be fine with it, as he did my RS wheel install which includes the 'simple' electrics work relating to the dash warning light. Tell 'em "Chet with the green 993" sent you!

Tobesetc said:
Just had my old electric spoiler replaced with fixed (small aero rs) spoiler
...pics! :)

Charles Ivey (Surbiton) may be able to help at short notice. May be a bit far for you.

Tobesetc said:
Just had my old electric spoiler replaced with fixed (small aero rs) spoiler, so need the electrical connections closed off to stop the dash lights going off

Hi Tobes

Fortunately - this one is dead easy, and you'll have it done yourself in 5 minutes.

Take a look under the glove box and you'll see a small module about the size of a pack of fags. Just remove this and hey-presto, no warning lights!

I'll try and find the Renlist walk-through.

Found it: http://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/590498-exact-location-of-the-rear-spoiler-control-module.html

Thanks guys, booked in with Sid next week.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back