Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A child's booster seat that fits...

jimbobs

Afternoon all

I tried the FAQ, but it's a few years out of date so please excuse the question here.

My three-year-old is getting too big for his 'baby' seat so I need one of the high-back boosters (group 2-3). I was just driving past Halfords so I thought I'd pop in to see what fits.

Not one of their group 2-3 seats would fit in the back of my 996 - they are all too wide at the back of the seat base.

Can anyone recommend a make that will go in the back comfortably?

Many thanks

Jim

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:18 pm Post subject: Car seats 996 targa. Solution! Reply with quote
Having done a load of research and tried about 4 seats (amazon must hate be returning so much!) I finally found one that fits my 996 targa. Not sure if it will fit a coupe, I think the rear seats may be the same.

The one that fits is Maxi-Cosi Rodi SPS Group 2 and 3 Car Seat. It was £59 from amazon. You just need a seat belt extender to avoid having to struggle each time trying to clip in the buckle.

Hopefully this will help others as most the information I would on the web was out of date.

As an update taking the base of the Porsche seat out (Velcro on) makes it fit even better

also take out the back part of the seat and your boy will have more room.

Just to close this off...

I bought a Maxi-Cosi Rodi SPS online for £59. With the seat base and back removed it fits perfectly.

So many thanks for the advice - much appreciated!

Just out of interest (my daughter was 3 in jan) how did you know it was time to change, im thinking if her head approaches the top then thats when, still got a couple of inches to go tho. Are the high backed boosters smaller in physical size than the previous size forward facing ones?

I've been keen to get him out of the other seat for some time. I've never been very happy with the way it fits. Also, because the old seat sits him up very high, it means that he'll only fit in it with the passenger seat all the way forward. Otherwise his knees are pretty much against the seat back and he moans too much! So I can't carry him and the missus at the same time.

The booster seat is much less substantial - it sits much lower and further back so his feet naturally drop down behind the passenger seat where they're supposed to go.

So really, it's not that he's outgrown the baby seat but rather that he's now big enough to go in the booster seat so I can ditch the crappy baby seat!

chriscoates81 said:
Just out of interest (my daughter was 3 in jan) how did you know it was time to change, im thinking if her head approaches the top then thats when, still got a couple of inches to go tho. Are the high backed boosters smaller in physical size than the previous size forward facing ones?

You need to check the height and weight for changing seats otherwise in the event of an accident, the seat belt won't restrain her correctly and she could slip under or around the seat belt in a larger seat, or if you don't change quick enough she could be too heavy for the design of a smaller seat.

Google is your friend bud.

The Chippy said:
chriscoates81 said:

You need to check the height and weight for changing seats otherwise in the event of an accident, the seat belt won't restrain her correctly and she could slip under or around the seat belt in a larger seat, or if you don't change quick enough she could be too heavy for the design of a smaller seat.

Google is your friend bud.

Oh I know it's a bit of a minefield. She's not the tallest so she probably will be closer to 4 when she moves up a size.

Bumping this, just got a maxi cosi rodi and does indeed fit well... Interested in the seatbelt extender though, where do people get them from, and which type??

Is that the SPS one?

Got the seatbelt extender from amazon. Have one in my BMW too they really make it easy to fit the seatbelt in booster seats

chriscoates81 said:
Is that the SPS one?

Yes, the SPS one. Much better than anything else I've tried - my son is 5 and fits pretty well. I've taken the seat base out.

Hmm, must be being an idiot, took a look on Amazon and could only see furry seatbelt covers and the like. seatbelt extender definitely needed though I think.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back