Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 RS Steering Wheel Install

It did deflate after it hit me rather than I hit the air bag. Blew the sun roof out which leaked ever after. A car pulled out from the near side. Dead stop, wheel to wheel contact. Broke the wheel and wishbone. Sorry mate didn't see you in front of three witnesses. I eventually got rid of the sunroof and air bags which had been refitted. I had a RS wheel but later swapped to a 968 CS one. The 964 clam shell was hard to find but located one in the States with OBC stalk cut out which I retrofitted.

Glad to hear there was no major injury.

There's a good thread (old) on Rennlist about airbags on trackcars being a bad idea. The airbag hits the closed helmet on the chin forcing the head up and backwards, breaking the neck.

Endoman said:
It did deflate after it hit me rather than I hit the air bag. Blew the sun roof out which leaked ever after. A car pulled out from the near side. Dead stop, wheel to wheel contact. Broke the wheel and wishbone. Sorry mate didn't see you in front of three witnesses. I eventually got rid of the sunroof and air bags which had been refitted. I had a RS wheel but later swapped to a 968 CS one. The 964 clam shell was hard to find but located one in the States with OBC stalk cut out which I retrofitted.

Hmmm, had forgotten I'll need one with OBC cut out...

^^ Top part of the 964 Cowelling/Clam Shell is generic at approx £20 from OPC. The bottom half varies depending on whether you have Cruise, OBC or neither, priced between £20-£40.

Good write up Andrew, new set up looks great :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back