Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gearbox Mounts -------------

I've just had the Yellow Function First gearbox mounts fitted to my car (thanks for the recommendation Phil), along with Rennline solid engine mounts and a short-shift kit, the car is absolutely transformed beyond belief. By far the best modification I've made to the car to-date!

fatboynash said:
I've just had the Yellow Function First gearbox mounts fitted to my car (thanks for the recommendation Phil), along with Rennline solid engine mounts and a short-shift kit, the car is absolutely transformed beyond belief. By far the best modification I've made to the car to-date!

Pleased you like the set up mate , Doesnt it turn it into a different beast, so flat on the bends and planted on the road with a nice mechanical proper aggressive sports car feel to it . :thumb: :thumb:

Demort said:
Did a clutch on a 997 C2 today .. im not going mad .. its in the gearbox :D

Thanks for the conformation Demort, i went back to Design911 and gave back , now i will order the single mount inserts instead so hopefully when the RSS engine mounts get fitted along with the gearbox insert it should transform the dtive :)....

Talking about inserts, whats the Powerflex (yellow) inserts like for the gearbox mounts like?

cheers

J

-- 997 -- said:
Demort said:

Thanks for the conformation Demort, i went back to Design911 and gave back , now i will order the single mount inserts instead so hopefully when the RSS engine mounts get fitted along with the gearbox insert it should transform the dtive :)....

Talking about inserts, whats the Powerflex (yellow) inserts like for the gearbox mounts like?

cheers

J

J Dont touch them mate really bad reports on here most have taken them back off . get the function first yellow ones they will be with you in a week :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:
Demort said:

cheers

J

J Dont touch them mate really bad reports on here most have taken them back off . get the function first yellow ones they will be with you in a week :thumb:

Eh? "most have taken them back off"? I must've missed that ... mine are perfectly fine :what:

I bought some Function first mounts but I'm not sure if they're 996 or 997 differences. Could someone confirm either way?

Thanks

Attachments

• f1stgboxmount_150.jpg
    f1stgboxmount_150.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 3,618
Ok, whats goimg on looool? Powerflex are no good? How comes whats the problem with them when fitted?, also that picture of the inserts, are they Function First inserts?

Cheers

J

DeathStar said:
Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:
Demort said:

cheers

J

Eh? "most have taken them back off"? I must've missed that ... mine are perfectly fine :what:

Mate I know you like yours which is why I said most not all , its really strange but your the only one that is happy with them , I cant explain why :dont know: :dont know: :thumb:

-- 997 -- said:
also that picture of the inserts, are they Function First inserts?

Yup function first sport inserts. Hopefully they fit an 06 997 but I'm not sure. If not they will be up for grabs.

itsdashy said:
-- 997 -- said:

Yup function first sport inserts. Hopefully they fit an 06 997 but I'm not sure. If not they will be up for grabs.

is your a tip and are there two of them :thumb:

Phil, whats bad about the powerflex inserts? I have a manual not tip, just curious to what others have complained about!!!

Cheers

J

itsdashy said:
-- 997 -- said:

How much are they going for?

J

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back