Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 as van

Dammit

I've bought a set of 18" Carrera five spoke alloys, my Volvo is in the garage, what are the odds on getting the wheels (with tyres) in the back of my convertible 996?

Not a chance I`d say, especially without damaging the interior of your 911 :hand:

That's what I was expecting tbh.

Next question - anyone near Norfolk and has some space in their garage who would like to earn my undying gratitude?

I've managed with 4 alloys in boxes (no tyres) but it was very snug, 2 on passenger seat and 1 on each rear seat. Unless you have a cab then it would be easy.

Even less chance as the is less room in a cab. Can't you just pay the £40-50 to have them delivered?

Probably - I've simply never done that, so have defaulted onto "go and get them".

A courier for £40 would certainly be a lot less hassle than driving to Norfolk and back it is true.

Might be worth looking into, even if you do squeeze them in you are going to get marks everywhere and probably use more than the delivery cost in fuel.

Dammit said:
Probably - I've simply never done that, so have defaulted onto "go and get them".

A courier for £40 would certainly be a lot less hassle than driving to Norfolk and back it is true.

Is there a time frame for collection?

I'd collect for you but not until 30th April.

Possibly sooner but I can't say for sure.

I've used Paisley freight for wheel collections before with no problems, as have others I know, you just need the sender to play ball and do the wrapping as required for you, I did find the collection details were vague on the timing so the sender had to be at the address ready for 'whenever they turn up'

Got 4 with tyres in before.

2 on the front seat, 2 on the rear bench. All wrapped in towels to not damage the leather etc. :thumbs:

Dammit said:
That's very generous of you - I'm just investigating couriers and will update. Thanks!

Where are you based?

Just thinking, If I collected these, then what :?:

I've used Paisley Freight before too, but you need the seller to pack up the wheels a bit.

:thumb:

TwinBoost said:
Got 4 with tyres in before.

Me too. One front in the frunk, one on front passenger seat, two in back seats. Towels are highly recommended, but it's very doable.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back