Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Support panels in good shape

decgraham

Thanks to dommorton and wilsonny for pointing me in the right direction to check out the support panels. :thumb: I had them off this morning and I'm pleased to report that they are in great shape. I will give them a good clean and a coat of paint for extra protection.

ATB :)

Attachments

• support_plates_ok_289.jpg
    support_plates_ok_289.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 2,089
Yep they're as good as I've seen, mine were ok but just had them blasted and powder coated, along with bumper hangers and Impact tubes.

You're lucky to live in a dry climate but of course the Sun brings it's own challenges to the car.

Good to catch these things in good time :)

Trev

Good pics C&H you did some sterling work on your car :thumb:

Nice work.

They are in good nick, but as you found they had no paint so best protected if the car is now to be getting wet.

They're in perfect nick!
But very obvious why they go so scabby in moist climes!

...... but I did think they looked very dusty ...... :floor: ....... I should have been so lucky ....... :grin:

You can see why they rot with that channel collecting all the salty crud over here. Bit late now but someone in charge of assembly needed a slap.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back