Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

UK car. Selling to a buyer in the Irish Republic

Gollom122

Are there any pitfalls to be aware of in doing this? I've received a decent offer over the phone and a deposit paid.
I take it I just fill in the V5 and tick the export box?

Ballcock is in the Emerald Isle so I guess he's the best to comment but I know he has bought from england and 'exported' home. Along with the horrendous amount of duty Eire residents have to pay :what:

I think it's the buyers problem to sort everything out :?:

Came across this.
Sorry my first comment is only sort of correct!

A quick look at DVLA says :-

What to do if you are selling your vehicle privately to someone
that does not have a GB address
You should fill in sections 6 and 10 with the new keeper's name and address. Both you and the new keeper (buyer) must sign and date the declaration in section 8. Give the whole V5C to the new keeper to aid registration abroad.
You should then send a signed letter to DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1AG giving the vehicle's registration number, the make and model of the vehicle, the date of sale or transfer, and the name and address of the new keeper.
Once we know about the change of keeper, you should receive an acknowledgement letter to confirm that you are no longer responsible for the vehicle. If you do not receive the letter within 4 weeks, please phone 0300 790 6802. If you are deaf or hard of hearing and have access
to a textphone, phone 0300 123 1279 (this number will not respond to ordinary phones).

I sold a car to a chap in Limerick and it was no different to selling a car within the U.K :thumb:

I sold a car to a guy in Lithuania. He collected and couldn't speak a word of English. Was about 7ft tall and 22 stone.

I asked him about the V5 and he just tore the exported bit off and gave it to me. I just sent the stub to the DVLA and never heard anything after that.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back