Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bleeding brakes

hedgehogsdad

Hi all,

Having just changed the rear pads and discs on my Turbo, I'd like to bleed the brakes (and probably flush the system through too). Has anyone on here used a vacuum brake bleeder effectively, and if so, which one did you use?

Also, any recommendations in terms of fluid (no track use, just road driving)

Cheers

never done it myself but i believe you need a piwis or durametric to bleed 100% of the system, you can do it without though it just leaves a bit of the old in there?

I think you need the software to bleed the ABS part of the system. I have done mine many times and never needed to bleed the ABS, I bleed mine every year anyway. If you are going to do it start furthest away from the reservoir and work you way closer, not forgetting to do the inside bleed nipple first on each caliper.

Dont worry about the tester and bleeding the abs , theres such a small amount of fluid left there that it wont make any difference and its not done when garages replace the brake fluid.

I would suggest start with n/s/r ( RHD ) and drain out at least 0.5 ltr then 0.2 on the others ..

Ive done a replacement of raceing fluid which is blue to normal before and it was a good 0.5 ltr before it ran clear with the normal fluid .

In other words it takes that much fluid to flush it through .

Pressure or vacum system is fine .

Guys,

Can anyone suggest a suitable product to use for pressure or vacuum bleeding.

I purchased a Gunson pressure bleeder however none on the supplied caps seems to fit the reservoir correctly, the closest one popping off under pressure.

Is there a special sized cap for a porsche.. ?

thanks,

Neil

I have used a Gunson self bleeder with no problems, maybe you have too much pressure going in ? I just use an old spare wheel off a trailer and only have around 10 psi in there.

I had dropped a spare wheel to 19psi and it blew the cap off..
Had to use PTFE tape to get a seal in the first place.
Rubbish ... will be going back..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back