Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Blackvue hard wire installation

thedarkknight

I've installed front and rear view 650s cameras and have order the power magic pro.
Anyone know which fuses in the passenger compartment would be best?

i've been warned not to wire up the power unit, kills the 911 battery within 24-48hrs

6appeal said:
i've been warned not to wire up the power unit, kills the 911 battery within 24-48hrs

Are you talking about the Power Magic Pro? I have the system fitted to my 997 for almost 18 months without any problem whatsoever including extended periods (1+ month) where the car hasn't been used without issue.

The whole idea of the Magic Pro is to protect against killing the battery.......

For OP: I have a 997 so not sure if fuse box corresponds but I have used:

Row A F10 (cigarette lighter) - permanent
Row C F6 (rear window wiper, non dazzle interior mirror, Park Assist Control Unit) - ignition powered

Hopefully of use.

:thumbs:
Quite a few macon's, panamera's and 991's with installations online but very little info on the 991.2.
Will have a look at the fuse diagram to determine what will work best and of course, PMP kills power to the unit as soon as the voltage drops below a predetermined level.

TDK.

That's interesting... the car audio shop that I visited selling them advised that they'd had too many cars with batteries being discharged that they recommended against.

Just add a little to this thread.

The Power Magic Pro seems to be the default power saving unit that most people on forums default to but I'm led to believe that the Multi Safer unit is actually a better unit. I've never used either but when I get a 991.1 C2S later on in the year I think I'll be getting a Multi Safer unit for my dashcam.

There's plenty of information on both units online. :thumb:

I had a Magic Pro hard wired to my previous car but it still drained the battery, I had to periodically trickle charge the battery if I had not gone on a long drive. I had the local dealer check out the battery to see if needed a new one however that informed me that the battery itself was of OK but the 'Magic Pro' was draining the battery when the Blackvue dashcam was in 'Park mode' I found that the 'Park mode' was just too sensitive and the movement of tree leaves etc. in the wind kept activating the camera.

I have a blackvue dash cam installed with power magic pro and I have had no issues.

You change the minimum voltage level for the pmp

I hardwired my Thinkware F770 to my 997 fusebox in passenger compartment fusebox. I was supposed to do a write up with pics but haven't got around to it yet.

The fuses I used were A10 (Cigarette lighter - permanent on) and C6 (Rear Window wiper - ignition on). These were selected because of their position in the fusebox as the "add a fuse" do require a bit of space to the left to be installed.

The Thinkware F770 has an auto shutoff depending on the voltage of your car battery which you can set from the smartphone app.

After 2 days the Camera will shut off anyway so parking mode will cease. I guess when at home this isn't so much of an issue but when parked out in the street it is not out for more than 2 days.

Just to clarify there is the Power Magic Pro by Blackvue themselves, however there is also other products with the same name but NOT legit Blackvue.

So, I would check you have the legit Blackvue version... currently only £29 on amazon.

alpinaB3 said:
I am 99% sure the "Power Magic Pro" is approved by Blackvue as they sell it as part of their portfolio!

https://www.blackvue.uk/collections/product-page/products/power-magic-pro and https://www.blackvue.com/product/bl...attery-discharge-prevention-for-parking-mode/ they have the blackvue.com website on its label.

I have a "Power Magic Pro" and a DR900S 2 Channel version fitted to my 911 this where fitted professionally and very happy with the install.

@alpinaB3

Great, I have just ordered the DR-900S-2CH. Did you get the 2ch also? if so how did they mount the rear camera? I guess either at the back of the headliner along the seal for rear trunk, or actually in routed in to the trunk itself on to the glass? thanks

Yes got the two DR 900S two channel installed. The rear camera is fixed to the inside of the rear window and the cabling goes across the roof lining.

The only time I see any cabling is just before the cables are connected to the front camera.

The 'Power Magic Pro' is nicely hidden within the fuse box housing being installed directly below the fuse box unit. The power provided via piggyback to an existing fuse. So can just remove the fuse box cover to access the 'Power Magic Pro' off switch if needed. I was intending to get the "Power magic Ultra Battery Pack B-124" but there was nowhere to install it out of sight. One possibility was to get it installed in the front luggage area, but decide not to proceed.

31592457847_48cc11f44b_o.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back