Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bye bye 997.2 Turbo - Hello 991 Turbo S

Stunning, what an upgrade! It's funny when the 991 came out I was convinced they were a step backwards in the looks department. Since seeing a few on the road they have a road presence like no other turbo before it.

They really are a beautiful thing.

Great choice 👍

Beautiful. :thumb:

Is that Sapphire blue? :?:

shantybeater said:
Stunning, what an upgrade! It's funny when the 991 came out I was convinced they were a step backwards in the looks department. Since seeing a few on the road they have a road presence like no other turbo before it.

They really are a beautiful thing.

I agree 100%..... My thoughts exactly......

Terry

Thank you everyone :)

Can't stop smiling, couldn't use it on the Saturday I collected it, drove it 30 miles home and straight in to the garage :( (just about fitted, It's considerable wider then my 997)..

So was itching to use it yesterday and boy did I, I must have driven 200 miles, and not actually went anywhere, took a few friends out, my other half and my 8 month old.. Most sensible I had driven all day.

It's licence loosing in under 3 seconds . :cop:

Is that Sapphire blue? - Yes

I imagine the breaking in miles will be agony! - Someone else had this pleasure/pain, it isn't new, 3 years old with only 7800miles

Congrats, looks fantastic.

What are you initial thought with regards to the difference in performance, stopping power and handling compared with the 997.2 turbo?

Bikeracer1098 said:
Congrats, looks fantastic.

What are you initial thought with regards to the difference in performance, stopping power and handling compared with the 997.2 turbo?

Thank you, :)

Initial thoughts in power is a noticeable increase in performance but not night and day.. It's smoother the gear change is nicer. I really like the 4 wheel steering, better exhaust sound, love the after run sound. The interior is night and day improvement as are the seats. The active cruise is brilliant.

Brakes seem sharper, but slightly less linear, but this could be due to mileage difference.

The 997 is a great car in every aspect and the 991 for me improves on this.

As I drive it more I'm sure to have more thoughts as this is based on my 1st and only tank of juice so far.

Attachments

• dsc01187_103.jpg
    dsc01187_103.jpg
    978.7 KB · Views: 5,329
  • dsc01188_886.jpg
    dsc01188_886.jpg
    827.5 KB · Views: 5,329
oh my god that is stunnng! Ive never really liked the 991 for some reason, but that looks perfect!

rabbitstew said:
oh my god that is stunnng! Ive never really liked the 991 for some reason, but that looks perfect!

:worship:

:agree:

:envy:

:cloud9:

The thing I don't like about the 991s is the huge Porsche legend and model descriptions on the back; some are not too bad but others really detract from the look of the back of the car. Flame suit on, only saying...... :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back