Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dash Cams Front & Rear - Hard Wired

997 Coast

I would much appreciate any advice and makes that members may have fitted or suggest.

Peter :thumb:

Be careful as had one under the front mirror connected to the cigarette lighter and nocked the sat nav gps signal out found out that it caused the signal get confused went to Ramus Porsche we thought the sat nav unit was scrap tried new GPS receivers spent a few hours Mark move the camera and it fixed it in the end we positioned it in the right hand top corner far enough away from the sat nav unit all good now mine

Also put in the rear of my Range Rover sport and it took the dab radio signal out yet when in the front sat nav was fine so now have one in the front of each car mine is a next base 212

If you want one of the best, a friend has the Black Vue in his car, with a Wi-Fi hotspot in the glove box that links to his smart phone and it's stunning but expensive.
There's literally dozens on the market and I'm loathed to go out without one after getting clouted a few years ago and the other guy lied like a flatfish and we had to go knock for knock.
Some companies will take them into account when you renew your Insurance but above all it's the peace of mind.

I've got one in my car, however be careful if you get pulled over as the Police with sieze it as evidence, the recordings could be far more severe than the original offence.

I know of individuals who have been given custodial sentences based on evidence captured on camera footage.

So be careful whichever set up you decide upon.

As mentioned blackvue are one of the most descreat and compact forward facing cameras.

Bikeracer1098 said:
I've got one in my car, however be careful if you get pulled over as the Police with sieze it as evidence, the recordings could be far more severe than the original offence.

I know of individuals who have been given custodial sentences based on evidence captured on camera footage.

As mentioned blackvue are one of the most descreat and compact forward facing cameras.

eh? how exactly from a picture of a bonnet could they prove it was you driving and in your car?

easternjets said:
If you want one of the best, a friend has the Black Vue in his car, with a Wi-Fi hotspot in the glove box that links to his smart phone and it's stunning but expensive.
There's literally dozens on the market and I'm loathed to go out without one after getting clouted a few years ago and the other guy lied like a flatfish and we had to go knock for knock.
Some companies will take them into account when you renew your Insurance but above all it's the peace of mind.

For all of your advice its good x

seeforez said:
Bikeracer1098 said:

eh? how exactly from a picture of a bonnet could they prove it was you driving and in your car?

Have you ever watched the HD footage from a dashcam?
Normally your speed is also captured on the footage unless you disable that function.

Just a word of warning rather than learning the hard way stood in the dock of a magistrates or Crown Court.

From the footage they could even prosecute for dangerous driving which has a minimum penalty of 12 months ban with an extended retest and also a possibility of a castodial sentence.

Do some google searches.

Some examples of bikes charges from evidence on headcams

http://www.itv.com/news/meridian/2016-01-22/motorcyclist-filmed-himself-speeding-at-155mph-jailed/

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.st...peeding-at-more-than-150mph-a3163651.html?amp

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...otorcyclist-jailed-for-driving-at-153mph.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...less-overtaking-forced-Ford-Transit-road.html

yes your right, although if it was me i would state i had just bought it off a man in the pub and i hadnt used it yet - 'honest yor honor'

I was tempted to install a small discrete camera that also recorded when I was parked up, but decided against it as my battery drains too fast as it is!

seeforez said:
yes your right, although if it was me i would state i had just bought it off a man in the pub and i hadnt used it yet - 'honest yor honor'

Only giving people the heads up warning as I was nearly in a difficult suitation last year due to my dashcam recording.

Jay. said:
I was tempted to install a small discrete camera that also recorded when I was parked up, but decided against it as my battery drains too fast as it is!

With blackvue you can purchase power magic pro that prevents your battery from getting drained whilst the car is parked.

https://www.blackvue.com/power-magic-pro/

Halfords were running a 10% off promotion on dashcams including the blackvue which made them the cheapest.

Bikeracer1098 said:
Jay. said:

With blackvue you can purchase power magic pro that prevents your battery from getting drained whilst the car is parked.

https://www.blackvue.com/power-magic-pro/

Halfords were running a 10% off promotion on dashcams including the blackvue which made them the cheapest.

How does that work? Turn the camera off when the battery gets to a certain voltage?.. That's something that would change my mind.

I have the nextbase one from Halfords (212 I think). (The one without GPS so it doesn't also record your speed!)

I ran a new power socket from the fuse box which is switched live so it comes on and off when the car is running.
They also have a battery and it has a function whereby even when it is off it will switch on and start recording if it is knocked - like if someone hits your car while parked. I dont think think I have enabled tire but I am sure it isn't there.
Cost £60 and I have them in each of our cars.
Footage quality is very good.
It's bigger than the blackvue but it is mostly positioned behind the mirror so I forget it is there.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back