Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

iPhone/Spotify/Y-Cable - "this accessory is not support

Funtime

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone is experiencing the same or can help me. I picked up my Turbo S last week and it already has the Y-Cable and 30-pin to lightning connecter installed which I assume was working perfectly for the previous owner as it looks well used.

I however can't get it to do anything other than charge my iPhone. Whenever I connect my iPhone 7, or my old iPhone 5 it just says on the phone "this accessory is not supported".

I was at my local OPC yesterday and asked them about it and they said it's a known problem with compatibility with the iPhone 7 and PCM3 which they are working to resolve. I thought ok that's fine, I'll use my old iPhone for Spotify but that displays the same message as well. Any ideas?

Thanks,
James

First question for you with this one is always : do you have an official Apple branded 30 pin to Lightning connector? The Apple one works, but with aftermarket ones is is definitely a case of "your mileage may vary". If it is genuine : is there any obvious wear/damage on the contacts or where the wire meets the plugs?

Other than that, if everything has current software (i.e. the phone is up to date and you have the most recent PCM software on there) then there certainly shouldn't be any issue with at least an iPhone 5... (I still use one of those in my 997.2 and have never had an issue).

Thanks for the reply. It is a genuine Apple 30 pin to lightening connector that I'm using and it displays the same message if I connect the iPhone 5 directly to the y-cable so I don't know what the problem is.

I'll pop back into Porsche and see what they say as it's clearly not as common as they made out. Is anyone using an iPhone 7 with any success?

Thanks

I had the same problem, I had to get the firmware on the pcm3 updated at opc, what version are you running?

Ah ha! At last someone with the same problem. I don't know what firmware I'm running, will have to check that and get my OPC to update it then. Might invest in one of those dongals as well, thanks for the heads up!

Thanks,
James

silvermilnec said:
I had the same problem, I had to get the firmware on the pcm3 updated at opc, what version are you running?

I think this might be the problem - did you pay for your firmware update? Mine is in for some warranty work and I asked whether they could do the update as they have acknowledged it needs it - they want to charge me £350 for it?!

They said I have to buy a disc and then pay for labour to install it?! I said surely they have a disc onsite and they say they don't.

Not impressed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back