Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Change of 993 Tiptronic original steering wheel - Help!

In case there is any confusion Atiwe and Raid are the same (just different trading brands)

GT4 said:
Was that last pic from the rehearsals of your Clown car finalé?

I was looking for the keys :wink:

Yep they were in the secret key storage location bin

I was reading the info about the Raid steering wheel on Carnewal's website and it says: "Although the Raid makes the steering wheel sit closer to the driver, the spacer set can be installed to bring the steering wheel even closer to the driver."

No sure that's good for me with my size... I'm looking for more space, hence a smaller steering wheel but not wanting to bring it closer to me...

RodBod said:
I was reading the info about the Raid steering wheel on Carnewal's website and it says: "Although the Raid makes the steering wheel sit closer to the driver, the spacer set can be installed to bring the steering wheel even closer to the driver."

No sure that's good for me with my size... I'm looking for more space, hence a smaller steering wheel but not wanting to bring it closer to me...

Don't forget the angle of the steering column will mean that a wheel that is brought closer to the driver will also be higher - which means that it will clear you knees properly. In effect, this should be ideal for the taller driver, as it will allow you to get the seat further back and still keep your elbows bent when your hands are on the wheel.
Personal choice of course, but I don't think out-stretched arms is a good thing - and I'm 6' 3"

Good point... And you're my height! :)

I wasn't sure about the paddles in a 993, bit "over modern" but that is a good option.

To be honest, I probably won't use buttons/paddles much but thinking it's better to have something close to the original spec.

My Aitwe / Raid steering wheel complete with flappy paddles - bought off eBay.de and then the airbag retrimmed
Graham

grahampm said:
My Aitwe / Raid steering wheel complete with flappy paddles - bought off eBay.de and then the airbag retrimmed
Graham

Graham - this looks cool. Is this the 340 mm version?

The thing that stands out with this this shot is that you appear to get an even smaller view of the speedo - or is that just the camera angle?

Also, does it actually move the wheel closer to you, and are the wiper and indicator stalks still within reach?

Andy

Hi There

As Stutts says I have one. Having said that my airbag light is STILL on. I must fix that. I can change gear with the heel of my hands pushing the buttons which is nice.

swheel.jpg

Berni

Jonttt I wish you would stop posting your Z3M. I'm starting to get jealous. Very nice by the way! :thumb:

Sorry to go off topic!

Back from the Dead!

Anyone got one of these?

What are peoples thoughts over the standard Tip wheel

Si

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back