Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 key replacement

fatboynash

What are my options if I need a replacement key for my 997, do I have to go to Porsche for one?

Any feedback greatly appreciated!

fatboynash said:
What are my options if I need a replacement key for my 997, do I have to go to Porsche for one?

Any feedback greatly appreciated!
First off - is the key lost/stolen or damaged?

Have the key but its damaged, the button to unlock the car will work at a 'push' and the key works fine, need a new 'body' if that makes sense!

Elliot's your man - take all the gubbons out of your old body and insert into a nice new one. I can vouch for the quality of these and far cheaper than knocking on OPC door.
Or you might just need a new battery - have you tried that?

+1 for Elliott.
Really top guy. I bought my car with a knackered key held up with sellotape. He not only supplied the replacement fob but also provided me assistance when I was struggling to rebuild it.
If you need a complete key- Cheshire sports & classics are also top blokes

And Elliots are gen2 style so you wont keep opening the frunk by mistake. PM him :thumb:

elliot_holder

Phil 997 said:
And Elliots are gen2 style so you wont keep opening the frunk by mistake. PM him :thumb:

elliot_holder

:agree:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back