Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buying manual 996 3 spoke steering wheel

Jay.

Pretty much as the title reads.

There's a few on Ebay for around £100 but they look a little worn, thought I'd put a post here in case someone has a good one for sale around here.

Hard to find now as a lot of us are doing the paddle shift conversion😀
However I find the wheel too thin on the rim, so getting recover and rim dia increase by Jack of Royal wheels. The retrimmed wheels I have seen completed by them have been superb. At a cost of about £140 I would personally go that route unless you want to keep concourse standard
Good luck in search I got one for £130 delivered from breaker, was in super condition so they are about

That is the route that I went down too - just be patient on eBay - I picked up one in an 'unloved' colour and got it retrimmed in alcantara at Royal - kept the original wheel in case the new owner (as and when I move the car on) wants to go back to original look

Jay. said:
Pretty much as the title reads.

There's a few on Ebay for around £100 but they look a little worn, thought I'd put a post here in case someone has a good one for sale around here.

I'd be maybe asking for a swap rather than a sale. If you play your cards right and educate the swapper on the benefits of having a tip wheel with the switches on in a manual, rather than buying offering to buy theirs you may get more luck.

With those switches and a couple of simplewiring mods you can use them to:

1. Actuate the rear spoiler (up or down).
2. Open & close the convertible roof.
3. Switch on or off your or your passengers heated seats.
4. Open & close your Targa roof panel.
5. Open both frunk and rear bonnet.
6. Answer your hands-free telephone.

The list goes on.

All without taking your hands off the wheel........if only you could change gear with them too :grin:

:thumb:

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll certainly consider that! I do quite like the feel of the leather so I'll hold out for now, but they do certainly look nice.

Typically, missed a really condition one for £80 whilst working!

Sunday bump, fingers crossed for some breakers this week

:worship:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back