Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Time to say goodbye to the 993

Your original 'race' thread down to the SoF is one of the most EPIC reads on here aak

Hopefully you'll be doing something similar in your R8 and hopefully enjoy it as much.

:thumbs:

ChrisT70 said:
911TEL said:
Zingari said:
Captain Lockheed said:
I am saving for a 993.

I'd hang on a few months as they'll be getting near 25 bags territory with the numbers being sold off at present :grin:

Don't overpay, you'll end up not using it which will ruin the enjoyment unless you want it as an ornament :thumb:

I heard that there was a nice GR tip car went cheap to a forum member recently so before long they will be changing hands for the prerequisite number of bags ....

😄😄

:floor: :hand: :bandit:

8) 8) :floor:

alex yates said:
Your original 'race' thread down to the SoF is one of the most EPIC reads on here aak

Hopefully you'll be doing something similar in your R8 and hopefully enjoy it as much.

:thumbs:

Thanks Alex. It was lots of fun! It dod come down to the wire on the first occasion. Can't wait to do it again :puh:

FZP said:
Sorry to hear about the sale. Only time will tell whether or not you made the right call. To help you with supporting the R8 cause, I was heading down the M56 yesterday with a new Black R8 V10 behind me when I was in my 911. The road presence they have is mega, sounded even better when he buried it. I like many others will be interested to hear how you get on with it.
Good luck with the new wheels

I think it's the right choice FZP. Well for me anyway. I bought the car at the right time for the right price. I was after a tip so it was perfect for me and when it came to sell a made a healthy return. More importantly I got to drive it almost everyday and REALLY enjoy the car.

Onwards and upwards Sirat .... change is always good, enjoy the new R8

I will miss your car, it always made me smile when I walked past it.

Take care :thumbs:

Barryn said:
Onwards and upwards Sirat .... change is always good, enjoy the new R8

I will miss your car, it always made me smile when I walked past it.

Take care :thumbs:

Thanks Barry! Let me know what you think of the R8. It's parked in the same place 8)

time yo say bye

Did the same thing last week sold my 993 turbo after 10 years so went for a CAYMAN S but that was hard enough to do...Some time in life we have to move on and so be it this Cayman is great ....All the best...

Re: time yo say bye

ipsl said:
Did the same thing last week sold my 993 turbo after 10 years so went for a CAYMAN S but that was hard enough to do...Some time in life we have to move on and so be it this Cayman is great ....All the best...

Completely agree! I had a great time choosing. It was a tie between a Gen 1 turbo and the R8. I know I'm coming back to a Porsche so I thought i should just go for it and get the r8.

The dealership wanted the 993 and i wanted the r8. It was an easy deal.

Sad to see you sell, Sirat, especially after all those improvements you'd had carried out...!

Good luck with the replacement :thumbs: .

aak said:
I know I'm coming back to a Porsche

:?:

mohitos said:
aak said:

Yep, I'll be back in a year or so :)

But not leaving the forum!

aak said:
mohitos said:
aak said:

Yep, the I'll be back in a year or so :)

me neither, in light of the forthcoming and long predicted "crash" i'm sat waiting as I have 50 bags available, I'm buying one silver 993 and one white 993 (trackday use).

ChrisT70 said:
aak said:
mohitos said:
aak said:

Yep, the I'll be back in a year or so :)

me neither, in light of the forthcoming and long predicted "crash" i'm sat waiting as I have 50 bags available, I'm buying one silver 993 and one white 993 (trackday use).

You could have had a GR one if you had been mercenary too !!

:D :D

ch3tman said:
Sad to see you sell, Sirat, especially after all those improvements you'd had carried out...!

Good luck with the replacement :thumbs: .

Thanks Chet. Made it even easier to sell :)

Nothing wrong with scratching an itch, enjoy :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back