Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 software updates etc

VAP

A note for 991.2 owners.

I had a letter from Porsche regarding booking my car in for a PCM + map software update.

I booked mine in yesterday, and what was a software update (2 hours) will now take 2 days.

In addition, there are 3 other recalls.

-Reprogramming of control unit for engine

-Reprogramming of control unit for front axle lift

-Replacing 3 or was it 4 bolts somewhere on the engine

Apparently the latter will need to have the engine dropped by a few millimeters(?) and will take 6 hours, hence 2 days.

intriguing... what was your approx build date?

Interesting, I've had notifications for the PCM update and a safety issue - bolts to do with the fuel filler system. Mine was booked in last week, but parts didn't arrive so now I'm in for end of the month - two day job as you say.

They've not mentioned front lift system (which I have) or ECU. My car was registered in mid July so a May '16 build?

Had mine booked in for Tuesday for PCM/SatNav update as per letter received but received a call day before indicating the fuel return pipe screw recall as mentioned above was also needed and part not arrived. Parts on back order apparently.
Build date was around Feb '16 as picked the car up March '16.
Didn't realise the fuel pipe recall was such a big job. Also, Porsche don't seem to be very transparent about these types of 'recalls'.

Just have the safety issue recall on mine, build date circa end Sept 2016

6appeal said:
intriguing... what was your approx build date?

I don't know.
Mine was already in the showroom and I bought the last week of June 2016.

I've not received a letter (yet?) Build Dec'16.

If your chassis number is in the range of the cars affected then you will get a letter / call .

If your worryed then you can always contact your opc and give them your chassis number , they will then check for recalls etc that are outstanding .

Recall and they contact you , a campaign and it tends to get done when the vehicle is next in for work .. and often they wont even mention that this has been carryed out .

Ive seen 5 or 6 campaigns carryed out at the same time as a service before .

Demort said:
If your chassis number is in the range of the cars affected then you will get a letter / call .

If your worryed then you can always contact your opc and give them your chassis number , they will then check for recalls etc that are outstanding .

Recall and they contact you , a campaign and it tends to get done when the vehicle is next in for work .. and often they wont even mention that this has been carryed out .

Ive seen 5 or 6 campaigns carryed out at the same time as a service before .

Useful to know the difference between recall & campaign :thumb:

I assume mine is a campaign because all my letter said was software update, but when I called to book it in, I was told that there were a few other things that also needed doing. Presumably I was told because it would not be finished in the two hours specified, but rather it would take two days.

Mine was august '16... haven't received any letter.

OK folks, just a note for those who need the fuel stuff replaced but have yet to do it.
I took mine in yesterday for pickup today, but got a call mid afternoon to say that the bolts were not in stock and Porsche had said they'd have them "sometime" next week - couldn't/wouldn't be firmer. I suspect as someone else has said, they are on back order with no firm date of arrival. That would mean that your car might be resting at the dealership for an indeterminate time.
As my timetable is manic for the next month, I was pretty annoyed as knowing they were not in stock, they should have told me and I'd have booked it for as and when they came in.
Anyway, they've done the software on mine and I'm getting it back and will take it back when the parts are in.
So, if you've yet to book yours in, check that they have the parts.

I received an email at about 5pm tonight and i now have all the connect services including the online software update. I have just updated the software-took about 30 minutes.

I received an email at about 5pm tonight and i now have all the connect services including the online software update. I have just updated the software-took about 30 minutes.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back