Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Litronic headlights 1999

MMT

When these are removed/fitted, do they push in and locate the electrical connection the same as standard headlights or is there a cable for the self levelling that needs plugging in separately?
Thanks.

Same as standard - one socket at the end :thumb:

Halcyon said:
Same as standard - one socket at the end :thumb:

Just for reference mate, there is another plug that needs connecting. My self levelling wasn't working so I asked my mechanic to check it all out. Anyway, yesterday I found this on YouTube which shows both the fixed socket for the headlight to push into and another cable as well.
So I showed the mechanic this and within the hour mine was fixed. Turns out for some reason this cable wasn't connected on both headlights and was tucked out of the way. As soon as they were plugged in everything is working as it should.
https://youtu.be/7barCfAmp1A

Ah. mine's a gen 2 and doesn't have that extra cable :thumb:

That's certainly what's in the 996.2, but i found that nearly all the sites are wrong - the correct information is in the owner's manual.

Hmm, I've not checked my owners manual as it's for a 1998 and I thought that predates the Litronics, but of course having a look would have been logical.

Ummm. no. lol
At least, mine certainly don't!

Before you spend the cash, consider the Lunex D2S Headlight Replacement Bulb from amazon. £23 a pair and look identical to the Osram.

for £23 a pair (Osrams are £40 each) I think they're worth a punt when mine need replacing.

Sounds like I need to pull the headlights and take a good look at the connectors. A bit of googling shows that this is a common problem for the Litronic lights.

Demort- is there an approved method of tackling this?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back