Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

So who is going out for a drive, just for the love of

CarreraMonkey said:
Got back from holibobs last night and both cars were thick with frost. Am guessing it's been chilly over here lately?

Rub it in why don't you :D

Hope you had a good time in the sun.
It's like pea soup here today , horrible :nooo:

Got mine out today for a 120 mile blast around the South Lakes - realise how much I miss using it frequently but my 5 mile journey to work isn't ideal or sensible for it. Must admit I was spurred on by seeing an Iris blue 993 convertible pass by Lloyds Mini yesterday when I was there with my daughter.

Think I'll get it dirtier tomorrow!! :thumbs:

I wanted some paint earlier, so called a builders merchant who was closed, but in work doing the accounts. She said she would be there if I dropped in, so I hatched a plan!

They are 10 miles from me. The wife had just advised that she was going out with my daughter, so I was free. Got cover off the 911 (996 C2) and went to get some paint.

As they are just over the county border, in Herefordshire and on the border of Wales, I went for a quick drive. 85 miles, down to Shopdon, Presteigne, Crossgates (for a bacon sarnie and a mug of tea) and then up towards Newtown. Then turned back down to Knighton and then home.

Hardly saw a car. Maybe passed a few. Roads were surprisingly good and SOOO empty! Filled up at Tuffins in Knighton just in case I fancy a quick outing in the morning too!

It is great living on the edge of such a great driving area. Literally fantastic roads in all directions and I tend to go in any direction that is not driving into the sun. Reason being I can then turn round as the sun moves and then go home. Good job my wife is quite understanding.

Ever up this way again, feel free to give me a shout. Might even get the turbo out, although the C2 seems to do pretty well too.

Still using mine for the drive to work daily !

Stopped for a couple of days when salt appeared but, then it rained heavily - so, out with the Porsche again :D

I had a great drive on Boxing Day with very few cars on the road.

It was nice and slippery so extreme caution was required but I got the back end out several times and enjoyed wringing the boxer engine out to 7000 rpm through the gears.

Came back with a big smile on my face.

Brilliant cars these GT86's.

EDIT: Sorry, wrong car forum. :grin:

just did 180 miles running in my new engine, weather terrible, standing water in places and someone had an accident (merc with horrific damage and a shattered wheel still attached to the car!) on the a40 so loads of traffic ffs!!!

Car is now filthy!!! but another run tomorrow to either the south coast or Bristol area

T8 said:
I had a great drive on Boxing Day with very few cars on the road.

It was nice and slippery so extreme caution was required but I got the back end out several times and enjoyed wringing the boxer engine out to 7000 rpm through the gears.

Came back with a big smile on my face ...... and some brown stains on my pants ........

Brilliant cars these GT86's.

EDIT: Sorry, wrong car forum. :grin:

...... fixed that for you Terry ....... ;)

madalaa said:
chaser said:
Just had a whizz round the island, hoping for a dry day tomorrow for the Brighton breakfast run :thumbs:

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=116929

Chaser ....... where abouts do live on the island? ........ I am hoping to be living there myself (in Ryde) come the summer or thereabouts ....... :)

Love Ryde... we live in Portsmouth and regularly take the hovercraft (10 minutes) with the kids over to Ryde, and walk along the coast (heading East) to a gastro pub for lunch... on Sundays there are often some great musicians at one of the cafes...

Good move Madalaa!

Are you into sailing too?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back