Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Courtesy car

I've posted this on the 997 forum:

Picked up my car tonight from Porsche Portsmouth who had upgraded my PCM from 1.4 to the latest 2.24 for £160 including a health check.

I've not played with it much but I've already noticed a few changes like:

Building outlines when your in city's
7 digit postcodes
Map styles are now changed with a new button on the main map.
It plays all types of MP3's from a DVD (only half of them played before)
Manual zoom to down to 0.1 of a mile
More POI's
Clouds in the sky and a cleaner font
and most important.... i can connect my iPhone 6+ without it re-booting every couple of mins.

pcm1.jpg

pcm2.jpg

Booked the cayenne in for a service at Silverstone OPC yesterday. Offered a P car as a courtesy car. Conversation went like this;

Service advisor - 'Will sir require a porschar as a courtesy vehicle or will an audi suffice'

me - 'PORSCHE PLEASE'!!!

Not sure what model it will be. Would be nice to know whether I should be booking on to a track day or not that day :)

I did enquire about the nav update but at £281.00 I think I'll give it a miss. I might have a chat with the parts department to see if they can help me out a bit with it. Have to say it is poor that a 2011 car of that value does not come with full postcode entry on the nav.

Tom, did you book over the phone or drop in to see them?

Mine needs a service (and a few spares to be bought) so it would be nice to get a decent courtesy car.

Did it over the phone. I did ask to speak to the service advisor... had quite a chat about my Porsche ownership history etc.

I ended up with a 718 boxster s for 24 hours. What a machine honestly!

Les, I have a 2001 996 turbo and 2000 C2 and guess they are both on early versions of Sat Nav. Was this upgrade on a 996 or 997? If a 996, then I may enquire, as fed up with having to use partial postcodes or towns.

small skoda the first time
Peugeot next week
was told that if I had waited for service a few weeks I could have had MAcan

911tom said:
Anyone got courtesy car experience at opc silverstone? I need to book the cayenne in.

I've had a Boxster S and a Cayenne from Silverstone.

I had to do with a 918 spyder. Beat that mofo's.

Norfolk & Idea said:
I had to do with a 918 spyder. Beat that mofo's.

:floor: :floor:

Les said:
Mines in for a £160 PCM 3.0 upgrade tomorrow (2017 version with new maps etc) at the Porsche Centre in Portsmouth and they are giving me a minerva blue cayman for the day.

That's good to hear, as they are my local OPC...

Judging by your signature reference to luck with engines, they may regret it :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back