Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PM problem

kurlykris

A wierd problem with the site today, got a PM and read it, went out to investigate the question, when I came back to reply to the PM, I get a " General Error " "Could not update private message read status for user " and can no longer read the PM, it is still showing as unread in my inbox :?:

One of the site's quirks I'm afrad. Had a couple like that and Terry explained the problem. Yet to be resolved! :eh!:

In my experience this happens when the sender and the recipient both try to open it at the same time. After that it seems to lock.

I'm sure there are other reasons but .......... :dont know:

I've currently got four in my 'outbox' that can't be opened by the recipients and can't be deleted by me. The same error code shows.

You'll need to get the sender to resend it.

T8 said:
In my experience this happens when the sender and the recipient both try to open it at the same time. After that it seems to lock.

I'm sure there are other reasons but .......... :dont know:

I've currently got four in my 'outbox' that can't be opened by the recipients and can't be deleted by me. The same error code shows.

You'll need to get the sender to resend it.

Ahh, OK, not a problem as it was simply a question, so I replied by replying to a previous PM :thumb:

I thought it could be my PC as I`ve just replaced it and Photobucket was playing up earlier as well :pc:

Just a " quirk" then :sad:

Unfortunately a quirk of the current software, which will be solved on the next upgrade.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back