Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Removing Rubber Concertina Under Rear Spoiler

Jam911

So my saga of sorting out my not working third brake light continues.

I was just about to buy a new light strip when I found a post about a chap who had had the same problem.

His replaced his third brake light and it still didn't work and eventually he found that the wires had broken from the rear spoiler going up and down.

So I though before I buy a new third brake light I should check if the same thing has happened to my car.

To check this I need to remove the concertina under the spoiler.

Any tips please?

Has anyone doe this or had the same issue?

Thank you

Hi,
You should only need to remove the plastic top cover from the hinged spoiler.
This should do it
- raise the spoiler using the switch, you'll see two black circular covers each side of the brake light
- carefully prise out these covers using a jewellers screwdriver under each cover there's a screw
- use an allen key to loosen each one about three turns, don't try to remove them completely
- the cover should now lift up at the rear, and you can remove it by pulling backwards slightly (it's held in at the front by moulded-in lugs)

With the cover off you can see the brake light and get access to the wiring.

HTH

Great thanks I will have a look

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back