Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

gps aerial position

wilsonny

Spa-Francorchamps
I've been running with my gps aerial deep under the dash for a while and understandably not been getting a great signal as a result. set out to run a new aerial from the back parcel shelf but really struggling to find a cable path under the stuck down carpet. had a look back under the plastic trim on the dash strip near the windscreen but the space is too shallow to fit the aerial.

anyone got any tips/pics on a successful setup that's easy on the eye ?

You'll need to take the rear shelf off to find a nice little hollow where the arial will fit nicely, unfortunately the cable will have to run over the carpet somewhere unless you have a really long lead or extension (never seen one)
and tuck it under the edge of the carpet in the rear floor, then up where the front and rear carpets join on the side of the tunnel up to the center console. Another route would be along the floor/sill interior angle then up the A pillar (even longer) Mine has rear seat delete with RS carpet and runs along the top of the tunnel under the carpet and center console to join the loom to the dash switches.
I found the tracker when I did mine but it had died yrs ago. The rear speaker wires and rear screen etc. go under the sill carpet in a big loom pity they didn't include a co-axial cable.

As you suggest the rear shelf seems to be the best place, run the wire to one side under the rear panel side trim and then along under the door to carpet trim then back up under the door trim edge and under the dash.

Under the rear parcel shelf is the best spot........I installed when Ihad the interior removed so easy install, previously was under the dash and the signal is much improved.......

wilsonny said:
anyone got any tips/pics on a successful setup that's easy on the eye ?

After much deliberation ended up putting my aerial for the Porsche Classic system dead center on the dash. Wasn't sure at first but after a couple of minutes you don't notice it.

Attachments

• aerialmall_797.jpg
    aerialmall_797.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 2,685
MikeRSR said:
After much deliberation ended up putting my aerial for the Porsche Classic system dead center on the dash. Wasn't sure at first but after a couple of minutes you don't notice it.

I've gone with under the rear parcel shelf in the end. I tried this dash position, but wasn't happy with the cable run - seen something on line suggesting it should be possible to pick up the aerial hole to avoid a visible cable run. What did you do with cable ?

I mounted mine inside the instrument binnacle cover, it seems to work well there.

MC

wilsonny said:
What did you do with cable ?
drops directly down between the dash top and the screen, can't see it at all.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back