Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 2017 'Top Gear' Season 24

alex yates said:
madalaa said:
........ I enjoyed it ...... and it wasn't just because of the London black cab ....... ;)

I was thinking of you when I watched it Andy :thumb:

Wasn't your old cab by any chance was it?

No ........ but the number plate was familiar ....... that was I think one of the last TX1s which had an excellent Nissan powered diesel engine which would soldier on forever ....... but I had to laugh when he said he had no heating ....... that was par for the course even with my TX2 it had no heating as such for the last two years ........ to fix the heater matrix was about £300 labour to strip out the front to get to replace a £5 part ...... I just wore thermals, gloves and a woolly hat but the punters were not that impressed by my sartorial elegance and especially the pronounced chill in the back of the cab ....... ;)

:grin: :thumb:

Pretzel said:
Not quite as good as some of the older TG could be when on form, but watchable and far less cringeworthy than the Grand Tour.

Agree! All I could think of whilst watching GT was "and someone in Amazon is paying HOW MUCH for this????"

I really enjoyed it.

Thinking about the last series, I reckon it needed to be what it was in order for the production team and the audience to remember what Top Gear was about.

All the contentious bits from Chris Evans to the rallycross circuit look to have served a purpose in severing the link to Chump & Co, letting it be Top Gear again, not just a vehicle for Clarkson, Hammond and May.

The chemistry in the studio doesn't quite seemed to have gelled yet, but it was a promising start and certainly better than the Grand Tour IMHO.

Didn't bother with the last effort, can't stand Evans on TV much as i listen to him on the radio.

Kept my attention for an hour, that Ferrari is just incredible, the noise :worship:

And Borat wasn't far wrong with his homeland :eek:

I liked it, better than both the last series of TG and GT.
I did lol at the mention of celebrity deaths :grin:

Shaoxter said:

I missed that, what was it?

Glad to see the back of The Stig - been done to death. Happy to have guessed 'gt86' as the new track car before it appeared on-screen.

Jcx said:
Shaoxter said:

Something along the lines of this GT86 is not as easy to drive as the Cee'd, could result in a few celebrity deaths...

Shaoxter said:
Jcx said:
Shaoxter said:

Something along the lines of this GT86 is not as easy to drive as the Cee'd, could result in a few celebrity deaths...

gotcha! thx. :thumbs:

Definitely has promise, I'll keep watching. Chemistry - as others have said - is not yet there, but that will come with time (you have to wonder if they actually hang out off-screen, as you got the feeling that Clarkson and the gang did).

If only they could find an innovative angle on the foreign trips, which still feels samey. maybe the chemistry will fix that as it evolves.

Chris Harris had better form, ie more naturally funny and relaxed, in his YouTube/Drive videos I think personally, so I think he'll get comfortable and improve quite dramatically over time. Must be hard with all that pressure to just feel confident to be yourself: but I feel that's all they need to do, and it will fly.

Liked Harris in place of the Stig...

RichardKS said:
Glad to see the back of The Stig - been done to death. Happy to have guessed 'gt86' as the new track car before it appeared on-screen.

not 100% he's gone yet until we see some cars tested on the track for the power board

Really liked it, although the studio parts were a bit awkward and I don't know if it was my TV but the sound needs sorting out in the studio.
Worked in Kazakhstan a lot over the last few years and it is as barren and featureless as they said and the roads are beyond belief. Most people drive in the dirt next to the road as it's more comfortable!
Chris Harris is certainly pretty handy behind the wheel of a HyperCar, 1000 BHP and no traction control, respect :worship:

Yep, I thought it was rather good.
CamelBalls.jpg

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back