Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Centre console paint/coat group buy

It's fitted! :D

Not the best light quality inside my garage, but the colour really lifts the interior!

Attachments

• img_20170225_115420372_936.jpg
    img_20170225_115420372_936.jpg
    591.7 KB · Views: 2,360
It looks great , amazing how it lift the interior which ever colour or finish you go for :thumb:

ooops duel post :pc: :pc:

TonyC911 said:
I removed the lid from the ashtray (see pics), unclip the spring from the lid (arrow) and then carefully just prise the two pieces apart.

Worth pointing out to Wicked that the underside of lid also needs coating, as it is visible when opened. Mine is a bit patchy as they focused on coating the top of lid. However, you do not want the cogs coated, as the extra surface may prevent it opening smoothly. Hope that helps!

Thanks Tony, that's very helpful, I'll have a go at unclipping the lid, my one is a little different and there's a cog in the ashtray housing also. Do the 997 consoles have the sound deadening material underneath, what do you do with that?

Your finished console looks the bees knees :thumb:

IMG_9793.jpg
[/URL][/img]

jpsh120 said:
Nik said:
Is that satin GT silver ?

Also, is that the best match for the door handles ?

Yes it is GT silver with satin lacquer.

The door handles are the same colour and finish as the thin trim piece underneath the gear lever gaiter. The colour is a very close match but the handles are more of a glossy finish.

Are you aware of any "touch up" paint for the interior silver parts? I have a couple of light scratches where a previous owner has used rings on them :wack:

Do the 997 consoles have the sound deadening material underneath, what do you do with that?

Yes they do. I would not worry about removing it, the underside will only receive the over-spray / coating and obviously you will not see it once refitted :thumb:

TonyC911 said:
Jibaro said:
Quick question though for those who've done it, how far do you have to strip it, what do you do with the cog bits by the ashtray lid mechanism, and do you have to take out the metal retainers for the trim poppers and get stick gaitor? Actually, I think i may as well take out the metal retainers, but what do you do about the ashtray lid cogs?

Cheers!

I removed the lid from the ashtray (see pics), unclip the spring from the lid (arrow) and then carefully just prise the two pieces apart.

Worth pointing out to Wicked that the underside of lid also needs coating, as it is visible when opened. Mine is a bit patchy as they focused on coating the top of lid. However, you do not want the cogs coated, as the extra surface may prevent it opening smoothly. Hope that helps!

Great point Tony about the lid underside suffering overspray and a fix for this is to mask off and a light coat of satin black with a rattle can .
Tricky little blighter getting that spring back in it's correct position .

I've had to give up on separating the ashtray lid, I'm sure I was gunna snap something, I'll get them to mask the cogs and everything off. It's a bit involved stripping it all down isn't it, I will have to allow myself half a day or more to reassemble and get back in the car, and hope I don't scratch the thing to pieces doing it :D

Just use plenty of masking tape and towels on the interior when re fitting, and take your time 👍

Jibaro said:
I've had to give up on separating the ashtray lid, I'm sure I was gunna snap something, I'll get them to mask the cogs and everything off. It's a bit involved stripping it all down isn't it, I will have to allow myself half a day or more to reassemble and get back in the car, and hope I don't scratch the thing to pieces doing it :D

If you get stuck I have the number of a Porsche trained mobile tech, if there are any other bits you need doing to justify his drive to Surrey he would refit it at a good price. Fully trained and used to work at Bournemouth OPC :thumb: has done lots to me car inc the tandem pump :thumb:

Instead of putting mine back together I've stripped the inner sills the ones either side that hold the boot and bonnet switch, sent off today hope they don't take long! Can't wait to get it back together and get some pics up!!

silvermilnec said:
Instead of putting mine back together I've stripped the inner sills the ones either side that hold the boot and bonnet switch, sent off today hope they don't take long! Can't wait to get it back together and get some pics up!!

LOL Now you have got the bug mate . and of down the slippery slope :floor: :floor: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:

LOL Now you have got the bug mate . and of down the slippery slope :floor: :floor: :thumb:
Your not wrong, I saw bobba thread on red seat belts and I miss my red seat belts from the 4S and think it will add a dash of colour in my black on black on black lol :thumb:

silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:

Your not wrong, I saw bobba thread on red seat belts and I miss my red seat belts from the 4S and think it will add a dash of colour in my black on black on black lol :thumb:

and then it will be red dials, red bits under the door mirrors red rear letters to match the red calipers :grin: :grin: :grin:

Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:

and then it will be red dials, red bits under the door mirrors red rear letters to match the red calipers :grin: :grin: :grin:

I looked at a car with red dials and loved it, really cool on a black or dark coloured car.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahab
Back