Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 993 this week ?

MattyR said:
I just imported a Fabspeed Cup Airbox Cover (from the States). Fancied trying something different to the standard OEM offering. Should sound quite nice :thumb:

Hi Matt,

Did you receive the air box cover I posted?

C.

cableguy said:
MattyR said:
I just imported a Fabspeed Cup Airbox Cover (from the States). Fancied trying something different to the standard OEM offering. Should sound quite nice :thumb:

Hi Matt,

Did you receive the air box cover I posted?

C.

Sorry chap, I was meant to email you. I did indeed, thanks for that :thumb: However, I subsequently decided to import a Fabspeed cover as well! I got a really good deal from Design 911 and couldn't resist. I do like a choice of bitz!

All good. Will be interested on your thoughts on the Fabspeed when it arrives. :thumb:

C.

C2s Decklid on a C4s.
I know, i know, but it just looks so much better :lol:

Also a larger oval exhaust tips to replace the boxy ones.
Not sure which car to put it on though?

Finally got around to replacing the immobiliser (my siren has been dead for ages) with a Cobra/Vodafone integrated alarm/immobiliser & tracker. More expensive option than a cheap Chinese tracker, but since when have we installed cheap bits on our cars!

Like the aero-kit it's being installed next month. Slowly slowly turning it into "my" car :)

Very true Tobes, we don't like to install cheap bits on our cars....

Oh that reminds me..... just fitted these LED number plate lights..

Two for a tenner, now theres a result :thumbs:

:D Lig.

938069511_o.jpg

938069527_o.jpg

Just ordered the T Light kit from ToreB.
After driving my car on Tuesday evening through some unlit lanes I really noticed how poor the current lights are. Reading the reviews on here it looks a great bit of kit so looking forward to fitting them. :thumb:

Voltage regulator, just in time by the look of the brushes. Going for new fan, cast iron grey paint for shroud, black strap and polished pulleys. New fan does not have a steel dowel for pulleys and shims. Porsche must have decided it was a design overkill.

Endoman said:
Voltage regulator, just in time by the look of the brushes. Going for new fan, cast iron grey paint for shroud, black strap and polished pulleys. New fan does not have a steel dowel for pulleys and shims. Porsche must have decided it was a design overkill.

Be interested in how you check the voltage regulator for health?, how you having the pulleys polished?, was thinking a zinc coating approach :?:

Trev

Be interested in how you check the voltage regulator for health?, how you having the pulleys polished?, was thinking a zinc coating approach Question
I did the 944 one which had done 120k the 993 has done 160k. Same voltage regulator and I was getting no more the 13volts (not very accurate in car voltmeter) with the 944 battery needed topping up regularly. Now get a regular 14volts with new reg. and belt. but the brushes were down to about 4mm. so I thought better have a look at the 993's even though it was charging ok. and I wanted to tidy up that area. I've just used Solvol on the pulleys so it's bright zinc as opposed to the original cadmium look. I did consider replating which would look better but will wait until I have a decent collection of parts to replate as they charge by the job rather than quantity.

Fan belt and half pulley from OPC. I had 3 belts all wrong size. The half pulley was cheaper than getting the old one plated. All back in a mixture of delicate manouvering and brute force. It's not an easy job in the cold, wet and wind. I ended up using POR15 primer and POR Detail Cast Iron Gray(sic) on the shroud. Not concours but looks a lot better. Checked belt tension with Krikit and fired her up. As I'm using RS pulley, no altenator belt, so removed the sensor and bridged the wires, one less problem. The old belt was badly cracked and the altenator brushes well worn so in all well pleased. I'll post a piccy but it's not very dramatic.

4 x new Michelin PS2s to replace Contis. Fronts last done in 2011 (12,000 miles, age-hardened), rears in 2014 (4,000 miles, pretty worn).

RSR exhaust mod at Carnewal
Continental radio/cd/dab n fittings from Tore

Both guys delivered first class service and communication

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back