Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

£20k for a 996 Turbo but.....

MisterCorn said:
alex yates said:
Looks like it may have been a previous Cat D as the car had no MOT from April '14 up to April '16. So this could possibly not be the recorded incident and only be minor damage. Seller could do himself a favour and put that in the listing.

I am not sure how much difference that would make. The car is a Cat D which will reduce the price. A better explanation of exactly what is damaged would help, but I suspect the lack of one means you really don't want to know. If a car was Cat D before and was involved in another accident would make it Cat D again I guess there is no way to tell, no such thing as a double D car? At the very least I would take measurements across the rear of the car to make sure that it is correct and compare with a known straight car.

MC

I am sure once before I did a HPI on a car and they said the car had been paid out for twice, i.e. two CAT D's so I think it could be possible.

In the pic of the open engine cover, the airbox looks a bit wonky. Maybe pointing to more major things...

However I'm not familiar with the layout of the engine in a turbo so could be normal.

Agree with the above comments, maybe worse than it initially looks, plus £20k is the starting bid. Not much interest so far...

There's no evidence to say this shunt is a cat D, just that the car is cat d.

Avon said:
In the pic of the open engine cover, the airbox looks a bit wonky. Maybe pointing to more major things...

However I'm not familiar with the layout of the engine in a turbo so could be normal.

I thought that too.. Also the exhaust tips are wonky. it looks like it's pushed the engine forwards to me.. but hard to tell from pics..

At the top of this photo is the panel with the engine lid lock seen bent inward on the subject car. The airbox is secured to the panel also just to the right of centre which is why the looks out of line also.
I suspect that panel is seriously screwed, not to mention the exhaust, missing in my pic.
Both rear lights are broken also.

[/img]

Went for £23k. Bargain if it's only light panel damage.

I reckon it was deffo cat D from a couple of years ago and this was just a light shunt.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stoker
Back