Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fitting PSE on a 996.1 coupe

Excellent write up, I just need an offside PSE box to complete my system..
Thanks for posting info on the tube size for the mounts, I was thinking along the same lines and was just waiting to get them off to find out the sizes..

HUGE saving using a piece of £5 SS tubing compared to buying from Porsche totalling around £80+VAT.. and in CS which would have just corroded again !

Thanks..

I guess early 996.2 either don't get one or it was cost optional (like the retrofit)

Great write-up Martin ;)
I'm not sure if this helps but the exhaust was bought/fitted from OPC West London and this part number was fitted according to the invoice:
P000.044.200.19

GT4 said:
I guess early 996.2 either don't get one or it was cost optional (like the retrofit)

Maybe. Personally I like not having to faff around with a switch and it seems that the constant exercising of the valve has kept it working for 15 years with no problems.

I have done the three parts of these now as YouTube videos

MC

MisterCorn said:
There was no bracket with the parts I got so I made one up out of a strip of aluminium. The solenoid then attaches behind the +V connector:

I ordered the bracket that holds the same style solenoid on the other side of the engine and flipped it to hold the solenoid but have just found out that a proper bracket is available from the 997 PSE installation. Strangely it has a 996 part number but I can't find it in the 996 catalogue.

Part number 996 111 989 00

G99611198900.jpg

997_sports_exhaust_pet_135.png

What a making work laugh out loud MC. It's what makes this discussion incredible.

Until individuals compose a string like this they don't understand the time it takes, what with composing all the content at that point facilitating and connecting photographs and so on.

PSE is the best sounding fumes on a 996, period....

I've heard them everything except none have been as great. Just issue nowadays is finding a non rusted out one.

Might be able to save someone a few pennies unless already mentioned - the vacuum reservoir looks the same as fitted to the 944. I'm guessing that there might also be other vacuum reservoirs from other makes / models that could work.

I just had to sign up just because of this topic, excellent write-up!

I have my retrofit partly finished with the silencers already fitted and most other parts bought, but I'm missing 2 part numbers:
- The female plug / housing + pins for the PSE switch
- The electrical connector + pins for the solenoid (These are the same as used in other VAG cars)

I'm building the loom myself as I just can't justify the cost of the OEM loom + relay.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back