Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Knocking from front

they have opened up one side..and compared the bearing to the new..and said they do look different, though no cracks - and said maybe better to change it as they have it opened anyway..

Does anyone know if there is any play in the bearing is this normal? as with the weight i would think these would change shape over time..

Okay...The old bearings were in 2 peices

Does this happen over time?

Demort said:
Im dubious it is actually the top mounts .. but ill not argue for now as they have had a look and i aint :D

Cough .. im sorry i have a cold :D

They get old .. they are worth replaceing , they can grind .. the bearings that is so still a worth while job .

So my alignment is now out...i can feel vibrations at 60mph through the wheel..almost like the wheel are out of balance..

also knock knock..still there...

will be heading back to the garage for them to check and make sure everything is tight.

i think i have nearly had enough of this car... :pc: :pc:

:nooo:

Sounds like a wheel balence issue although if changing the top mounts then a front end geo should really be done as unless you get them back in the same position then the camber will be out.

Anyways .. check my Pm .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back