Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wow Wow Wow

Huntergatherer

Had the pleasure of a 130mile round trip into Wales today, all A/B road. This is the first time that I've been able to really enjoy a pleasure drive, in reasonable temperatures, dry conditions and visibility. (I bought in October last year).

The car is absolutely sublime, howling unto 5.5Krmp (in second gear of course) literally put the hairs on my arms on end.

Why oh why didn't I do this years ago. Brilliant.

oh, and in a nod to another thread on here - 3 waves, 1 wave back :dont know:

HG

5,500 RPM you say :?:

Can I ask what is wrong with the further 1700 rpm, things don`t liven up till 4,000 :grin:

Glad you`re enjoying your Porsche :thumb:

:eek: I did ask my self the same question too Kurlykris but didn't want to ask that's the best bit :dont know:

These cars do come alive from March to October...

I was just saying the other day that I have not had a good drive for such a long time.

Good to hear we are getting there now.

I'm out in all weathers. When I put my short shifter in last month I took it up through mid Wales on a Saturday evening in the rain.

Sliding it on hairpin bends on mountain roads. The car was stinking dirty in more ways than one :D

Alfaian said:
I'm out in all weathers. When I put my short shifter in last month I took it up through mid Wales on a Saturday evening in the rain.

Sliding it on hairpin bends on mountain roads. The car was stinking dirty in more ways than one :D

Could you not keep it under control in the rain?

Can't say I would be very happy to meet you as oncoming traffic!!

Huntergatherer said:
Had the pleasure of a 130mile round trip into Wales today, all A/B road. This is the first time that I've been able to really enjoy a pleasure drive, in reasonable temperatures, dry conditions and visibility. (I bought in October last year).

The car is absolutely sublime, howling unto 5.5Krmp (in second gear of course) literally put the hairs on my arms on end.

Why oh why didn't I do this years ago. Brilliant.

oh, and in a nod to another thread on here - 3 waves, 1 wave back :dont know:

HG

Cannot see anywhere what car model you are referring to.
I will admit I have just returned from town with new glasses, so read the threads twice :?

911TEL said:
Alfaian said:

Could you not keep it under control in the rain?

Can't say I would be very happy to meet you as oncoming traffic!!

:cop: of course but haven't you tried kicking the back end out on slow sharp bends.

Btw, I do it when no traffic is around if that's ok with you.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back