Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM2 System Error

freddies

I have a 2004 model year C4S and after a jump start last month I fried the PCM2 (I think its PCM2). I changed the blown fuse (it was the 10a fuse in the back of the unit) and now the unit works fine but without any sound output or phone and the CD changer doesn't work (although that didn't work before hand - its just that the head unit has decided to make it official by telling me about it.)

I have checked all of the relevant fuses in the fuse box and I cant see anything blown there.

Are there any other locations I should be checking?

Also, my speakers say Bose on them but I cant find the upragded Bose system listed on the options sticker or the CD Changer for that matter. How do I find out if I do or don't have the upgraded Bose system with the Optical MOST wiring?

I am thinking of upgrading the system to something that might be of more use but there are a few mechanical things I want to sort first and in the meantime working speakers would be good.

Cant remember how to embed an image but the Screen reads: "System Error: Phone, Amplifier, CD Changer not Available."

the amp is located under the plastic in the "frunk" (front trunk) - near-side of the car, in front of the battery. I don't know if there is a fuse in the amp, but you should be able to tell from the connections if it's fibre etc (and it should have Bose on the label)

Its a fibre optic system , you will have a plug in each unit with x2 wires that are orange , if unplugged you will see a red pulsing light .

The system is on a loop so as each item in the loop gets the signal it in turn sends it out to the next unit.

The first in the list is the cd changer .. i suspect that this is the unit thats failed ..

Check the fuse board fuses as thats the most obvious .. i think although not sure that theres a fuse in the cd changer but if not then thats where i would start .

I would run a bypass of the cd changer direct to the amp but your into garage diagnoseing here as they will have the leads and probably be reasonable with costs to diagnose .

Thats pcm 2 anyways .

Many Thanks,

Ill check the amplifier and the changer in the frunk.

Might just be time to upgrade it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back