Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Project - Plan B

Mr Bacchus said:
Hi Paul,

I've done a bit of digging and this can be done but its going to be some work to get it how I know you will want it!

We are using Amphenol Terrapin connectors (info on the web) in similar applications (push/pull connect/disconnect) but they are mounted in bespoke machined housings

Honestly speaking I think you might be better doing a remote horn or backtracking a bit and getting a pre-wired wheel mount which I have seen.

I could probably get sample Amphenol Terrapin connectors if you wanted to try to make an installation.

Happy to help if I can

All the best

how about using a 3.5mm headphone jack and socket - both rigidly mounted on a machined boss?

would work a treat...

Hi Guys,

Thanks for picking up the baton and running with this, really appreciated.

The jack plug was my original thought but probably will be the last tango since I discovered the joys of Amphenol Terrapin connectors courtesy of Steve (Bacchus).

And here it is, something like this which we could machine in to the original parts or a new boss.

Something like this with a simple push fitting and small enough to fit should do the job. What do you think Steve? It seems a bit cheeky of me take up your offer of a sample when I'll only need 1 but if it were possible I'd be extremely grateful :worship:

All the best,
Paul :santa:

paul284pt said:
What do you think Steve? It seems a bit cheeky of me take up your offer of a sample when I'll only need 1 but if it were possible I'd be extremely grateful

Hi Paul,

Hope you had a great Christmas. When I get back to work next week I'll see what I can do regarding the sample, need to call in a favour from my Amphenol suppliers.

I'll be back

All the best

Steve

Hi Steve,

That would be absolutely brilliant, I can't thank you enough. If possible a smallish size around 7/8mm dia. would be great.

All the best,
Paul

paul284pt said:
Hi Steve,

That would be absolutely brilliant, I can't thank you enough. If possible a smallish size around 7/8mm dia. would be great.

All the best,
Paul

Hi Paul,

Samples due with me this week. Can you please check your inbox for a PM on this subject? I've just sent it but it did not appear in my outbox so can't be sure it actually was sent.

Cheers
Steve

Hi Steve,

Received it thanks!

PM sent.

Cheers mate,
Paul

Hi Chaps,

I've just noticed that recently the thread has ticked over 250k views :worship:

All I can say is a huge thanks to all who have viewed and especially to all of you who have contributed with posts.

When I started Plan B I just thought I'd share a few photos of the build, get advice and possibly make a few like minded friends on the way. And I have made some great friends :thumbs:

Cheers
Paul

Hi Paul, spring is coming! Looking forward to some 2017 runs out :thumb:

250k views :thumb:
like wise Ian , 7th May is the first one "Harewood hill climb" , I may organise something before that , we went to Croft last year with John to watch the time trials, think it was April , ill check it out .

It remains my favourite car on 911uk. So thank YOU for sharing the story :thumb:

Hi Ian,

Yes, I'm really looking forward to some days out soon. Always enjoy them with you guys. I haven't even looked at me car for a month. Must get it out from under the sheets this weekend and warm the engine up.

Hi Keith,

That looks like a really good day out, hillclimbs are a bit of fun and great surroundings at Harewood. I'm looking forward to it.

Hi Mojito,

That's great & much appreciated :thumbs: Thank you for contributing.

See y'all soon,
Paul

Paul, there's an absolutely stunning 924 turbo for sale on 924 owners club, if I had sold the 928 I'd be all over it!

Keith, saw your car at the metro today in the rain!! It was parked miles away from everyone, I was going to leave my transit parked right next to it for a laugh but I had to get home :thumb: it looked great by the way

Hi Paul, well done for producing a great car and a great thread. A credit to your attention to detail on both.

The 924 turbo Ian has mentioned looks like a bargain car, I looked at the Gmund car on wednesday which has a ticket price £8k higher. Worth a phone call I think.

Statistically, 250k views could easily be the NE lads reading each episode of your thread a few times! It compares favourably with the dross on TV most nights!

Hope to catch up soon, cheers, Keith.

An outstanding thread with some amazing attention to detail. 250k views due to the quality of the car and owner. Hope to be back out with you guys this summer.

A quarter of a million views!
8) if you had a pound for every view it would have almost covered what you've spent on Black Betty MK1 :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back