Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Speed U clips for securing the rear shelf

Good tip. Thanks. I'll have a go at contacting them next week.

My quest has not been an easy one.

Porsche Germany referred me to Porsche UK. They were unable to help. Part is NLA.

Spoke to two OPCs. One more helpful that the other and they searched their parts bin, but without success.

I spoke to some of the larger online fastener retailers. None of them stock the dimensions and it seems they don't manufacturer, so custom made wasn't possible.

And then a local hero came to the rescue, and I received this photo:

Which had a strange effect on me:

Clip is en-route to me, at which point identity of said hero will be revealed :worship:

Looks promising. I would be interested in the part number if available. Looks like 999 59?????

Stuart, you have left me hanging. Is the issue resolved and who is the superhero?

Millomboy said:
Stuart, you have left me hanging. Is the issue resolved and who is the superhero?

well remembered

I don't have it in hand yet, so haven't been able to update he thread. I'm due to collect it in person next weekend so look forward to finally reassembling the rear shelf and updating you on the identity of the mystery hero. He lives amongst us.

Job done!

And the identity of the hero is......

Colt, aka Christian Sanger, who amazingly had one of the speed clips in his languishing in his box of spares. Thanks to him, I can finally sleep easy again.

Stay tuned for the next installmeny of Unobtanium. There's bound to be one.

Attachments

• img_3951_155.jpg
    img_3951_155.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,568
Result well done, do you (or Colt/Christian) have any idea of the part number?

The clip isn't even shown on PET so I was unable to reliably confirm the part number. The same clip is used somewhere on the doors, I am told.

mohitos said:
Job done!

And the identity of the hero is......

Colt, aka Christian Sanger, who amazingly had one of the speed clips in his languishing in his box of spares. Thanks to him, I can finally sleep easy again.

Stay tuned for the next installmeny of Unobtanium. There's bound to be one.
Congratulations. I should have guessed the identity really.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LB_85
Back