Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Black vinyl headlight surrounds in the U.K.?

I do have a few sets left, but the plan was to sell them on eBay at £65 inc postage (basically to cover the cost of my own set).

The extra tenner seems to have put most people who have enquired about them off in the past week or so - times are hard in the porsche owners family I guess.

Anyway, pm me if you want a set at £65.

Thanks

Matt

I wouldn't say it was easy, mainly because it's going to be the first time you do it, but my tips are to follow the intructions and clean the lights properly with alcohol and then when applying use plenty of water spray (with a dash of baby shampoo in it), use a hair dryer to keep things warm and flexible and most of all be patient as you're finishing it off.

I'm sure they would come off and leave no trace if you wanted to reverse it.

Thanks Matt. Am heading to the US for work this week, so just debating whether to get from you or buy direct.

Install seems a faff that I am likely to get wrong! :lol:

Their video makes it look so easy!!

I guess faff is a fair point but it isn't a one-shot thing, you can keep working with them to get the position right and the bubbles out for as long as you keep it moist. You can remove and start again too, it's only when you're happy and you dry them off and leave them that they cure onto the lights.

wildej said:
Finally got round to fitting to the headlight surrounds this afternoon.
Bit fiddly getting them on straight and getting all the air bubbles out and a hairdryer helped on a low heat.

Cant work out if I like them or not as yet though. :?

Before

I like those looks great with the black stone guards and alloys :thumb: :grin:

Phil 997 said:
wildej said:
Finally got round to fitting to the headlight surrounds this afternoon.
Bit fiddly getting them on straight and getting all the air bubbles out and a hairdryer helped on a low heat.

Cant work out if I like them or not as yet though. :?

Before

I like those looks great with the black stone guards and alloys :thumb: :grin:

I was going to buy these, but having looked at the pictures, I have saved myself some time and money.

I also thought this about the GT2 RS side skirts until I saw some pictures, for me they just don't suit the Turbo, make it more narrower looking and a bit Techart !!

Sometimes I am my own worst enemy I get into the "what Mod can I do next" mode....

Anyway..

IMO - they just look like what they are, a piece of stuck on vinyl that you can feel / catch with your finger nail running it over the headlight.

Each to there own though :thumb:

I doubt they will hold up well with a jet wash !

I really like the look but don't have confidence in how it's achieved and how long it'll last

That's unfortunate!

Duffy said:
I really like the look but don't have confidence in how it's achieved and how long it'll last

That's unfortunate!

Duffy if you don't want to go down the vinyl route then I went with this option see my pic they are carbon fibre as I found the carbon much thinner than the plastic versions and it sits flush with the wing. :thumb: :grin:

Attachments

• car_a1_488.jpg
    car_a1_488.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 5,563
  • 7car_744.jpg
    7car_744.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 5,562
Lol, I sort of get the feeling that you have a carbon fibre codpiece and baseball cap mate :floor:

I do prefer the carbon headlight trims though, obviously depends on other carbon trims and, of course, the colour of the car :thumb:

kurlykris said:
Lol, I sort of get the feeling that you have a carbon fibre codpiece and baseball cap mate :floor:

I do prefer the carbon headlight trims though, obviously depends on other carbon trims and, of course, the colour of the car :thumb:

:floor: :floor: :floor: Kris liking the idea of the cod piece mind you it would need a hell of a lot of carbon :grin: :grin: :D But yes mate I have a thing for Carbon and carbon dip :grin: even had my airbox done and only I ever see it :)

Attachments

• img_0168_414.jpg
    img_0168_414.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 5,556
wildej said:

Do wraps lift when jet washed, or racing decals? If applied properly i cant see why these would.

Saying that, I may keep a set or two in the draw..

CarreraMonkey said:
wildej said:

Do wraps lift when jet washed, or racing decals? If applied properly i cant see why these would.

Saying that, I may keep a set or two in the draw..

Very true Monkey :thumb: it will be interesting to see how they do over the summer mate :thumb:

Probably a wise move to keep a set. For example, they go to the edge of the outside of the lights, I could imagine a situation where if you got too close with too much power whilst spraying the top of a wing and drifted down to the light, it could possibly catch an edge and lift it.

I can be a tad over zealous with the karcher so having these surrounds is a good reminder to dial it down a bit :oops:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back