Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front brake pads 996 Turbo

BlackTurbo said:
searider said:
Too late now as you've already bought them.

I had a bad experience with Paige pads from ecp on my RS4. They claimed to be oe spec but deposited lots of material on the discs at a Vmax day.
I'm not convinced they were the same spec as the Audi ones.

Interesting...everything I have read on the Porsche side is that they work well enough. Would be keen to hear if there are any other similar experiences as I can always return them if needed.

In my case it may have been due to the pads also being the same for a 3.2 TT, obviously a lighter car.

Having trashed a pair of discs at £300 each I took the view that saving £40 on the next set of pads wasn't a risk worth taking!

Thanks for all the advice guys. The Pagid pads were installed today and they managed to save my brake wear sensors as my old pads still had a bit of life in them.

Have only driven a short while after but initial thoughts are they feel very similar to the previous pads so all good.

Now onto the rest of the to-do list.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back