Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What next -life after 993

Subaru WRX - £8k
BMW 330D Touring £5k
Lotus Elise £10k
Mercedes E Class Coupe £7k
Boxster 3.2S £8k

Leaving £12k for maintenance.

On the Boxster.

I'd buy a 2010 Gen2 997 Turbo PDK.

According to the current 'Parkers Guide' this should retail at £50,800 so I'm sure I could haggle the odd £800 off.

Sadly, in the real world I've never seen one advertised for less than £65k. :sad:

I'd have a pristine and low miles, one owner
986 Boxster Spyder. Nice 986's are massively undervalued just as old 964's were at one time.

All Aston Martin cars reek of the owner playing pretend agent.

There is so much choice that I just couldn't justify dropping £50k plus on anything lest I was sure it wasn't going to be shedding £3-500 per month in value.

That would leave change for the penis reduction procedure the Mrs keeps asking me to undertake.

Cayman R. Some good ones for sale (or there were last week)

Boxster Spyder if you've got short nails and pincers like a lobster on heat to assemble the roof :what: Avoid the Highway special 'Pristine, low miles, one owner' as you'll then never drive it going into 993 ownership mode :wack:

981 BoxterS/CaymanS (S is all you really need) Jonttt has the GTS which will keep us all entertained when he flips his syrup in the Mersey tunnel :roll:

With the spare change buy a full spec Mini R56 CooperSD - Oh what fun. They've (nearly) brought back that original Mini feel :wink:

Endoman said:
ChrisT70 said:
Endoman said:
Down payment on an Aston Martin DB4 Zagato

Beautiful but cheating :)
Got to be purchased outright in 50k budget. Thems the rules!
OK then buy my old car back:-
and lower that suspension to something decent

is that a genuine twin-cam?

The 986 Spyder has the conventional Boxster roof. Mine would have cocoa roof and leather.
The 987 Spyder has bespoke body panels and the trick roof. I'd expect anyone who knows the Porsche to know this. Most of you do. Poor old Zingari.

I already did it to get the gt4 but otherwise:

981 Cayman S

E46 M3 if there is enough cash left.

Or

Honda NSX manual

Alfa gtv 3L

If you could still get a good cheap 964 c4 I would love to try and recreate a lightweight using the 993 transmission .

Zingari said:

981 BoxterS/CaymanS (S is all you really need) Jonttt has the GTS which will keep us all entertained when he flips his syrup in the Mersey tunnel :roll:

I actually considered putting off my golf trip to Portugal tomorrow to do just that :thumb:

I wanted a Boxster S but could not find one with the spec I wanted so rather than follow the Zingari model of never actually buying the car I stumped up the extra bags for the GTS with the spec I wanted :grin:

After one week of ownership I don't regret it at all. You can keep your AM and R8's :wack:

Ps a friend of mine has just chopped his R8 in after 5 months of ownership (2011 model) in his words "he scratched the itch but it was not worth scratching" He got bored of it very quickly, one trick pony.

jonttt said:
Zingari said:

I actually considered putting off my golf trip to Portugal tomorrow to do just that :thumb:

I wanted a Boxster S but could not find one with the spec I wanted so rather than follow the Zingari model of never actually buying the car I stumped up the extra bags for the GTS with the spec I wanted :grin:

After one week of ownership I don't regret it at all. You can keep your AM and R8's :wack:

Ps a friend of mine has just chopped his R8 in after 5 months of ownership (2011 model) in his words "he scratched the itch but it was not worth scratching" He got bored of it very quickly, one trick pony.

This is the R8. Quite a few people say they are a bit bland etc. We'll see I suppose!

996 turbo cab for me.

On second thoughts, the Audi R8. I thought they were more expensive. Superb looking car. The itch may be scratched, but they still look amazing.

Wont get rid of the 993 but a hyper hatch is all you need, Mk3 Focus RS, Merc Amg A45 or the Audi RS3

Zuffenhausen :O) said:
Wont get rid of the 993 but a hyper hatch is all you need, Mk3 Focus RS, Merc Amg A45 or the Audi RS3

Focus RS for £33k is a bit of a performance bargain but it's a bit chavvy. I'd try one but I don't have a yearning for one tbh. Drift mode looks fun!

Sorted Karman Ghia, Beetle and an unsorted BMW 3.0 CSi (E9) to slowly do up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back