Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tango

Sadly im out :-(

The dealer (who seems very impressive, quick response etc, knowledgable) is looking for close to asking, cant blame them as they will probably get, likely due to the full hartech rebuild and colour, but just too close to gen 2 money for me :-(

Like it OP! If you want something, buy it.

Life's too short to quibble over 1-2 grand. You probably got a good feeling from the call as to whether they were playing the game or not so do you think they'll call back? Doesn't look like a dealer that will have a problem holding onto it for a month or so.

Pay the money...but get them to colour the hardbacks for you. :thumb: or tell them they can keep the wheels and buy the Fuchs someone here offered.

Bonners1 said:

Life's too short to quibble over 1-2 grand. You probably got a good feeling from the call as to whether they were playing the game or not so do you think they'll call back? Doesn't look like a dealer that will have a problem holding onto it for a month or so.

Pay the money...but get them to colour the hardbacks for you. :thumb: or tell them they can keep the wheels and buy the Fuchs someone here offered.

Exactly my train of thought 8) :thumb:

If it was a tip I would be knocking their door down. but I get the its halfway between an ave gen1 and an ave gen2 in price but the more unusual colour ones dont come up often and sadly that is the area money wise they are at.
I kept looking at a Riviera blue one that was 4k/5k over the equivalent in regular colour. its just the market . But I must admit I tend to think like the last two posts whats 2k for something special keep it for 5 years and it will be £33 a week more to drive than a regular coloured one and the difference between "that's nice" and "WOW" :thumb: :grin:

Phil 997 said:
If it was a tip I would be knocking their door down. n:[/quote

You lose your left leg in a war Phil? :grin:

:floor: :floor: no I need to conserve all my energy for the strip joint and find the clutch a waste of much needed energy. :grin: that can be redirected to more important functions , I know that sounded a bit like I have fitted a 4" underdrive pulley to myself :grin: :thumb:

Alfaian said:
Bonners1 said:

And mine. Price didn't seem too bad to me. :dont know:

This dealer has a silver 07 C2S with 60k miles for £29,999.
Seem to price their cars at the top end.

Similar car will less miles and 2years OPC warranty fir the same money at a Porsche dealership.

CarreraMonkey said:
Alfaian said:
Bonners1 said:

And mine. Price didn't seem too bad to me. :dont know:

Not so sure I think the price is very high. I could buy a similar spec vehicle from an OPC for less money. The full rebuild is a big bonus however, but id still prefer to add 3 k and pick up a gen 2 345 PDK in GR or the like, that's the problem. If the dealer would drop to late twenty's id buy it tomorrow, however they have several viewings arranged, and suspect it will sell close to asking price.

Still slightly suspicious re the engine rebuild looking at the SH, looks like PCT serviced it and obviously diagnosed the engine issue, as rebuild just after the last service mileage. But why would the owner have full rebuild then sell after 5 K obviously taking a big hit and selling through retailer?

I don't blame the dealer at all holding out for the best price, plus they are saying all the right things and seem very knowledgeable. Still think its 4 k overpriced though at least, however with the shiney orange and rebuild sure someone will pay it.

HSC911 said:
Same price:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/porsche-9...357273?hash=item33c882f359:g:YjsAAOSw4A5YoIY-

s-l1600.jpg

:worship:

That chap has some balls turning up at an OPC and taking photos :floor:

Perhaps the staff were too open mouthed to shoo it away with a broom :eek:

Surely the ad is missing a "-" sign I.e. they pay you to take that thing away?
I know 996 prices have strengthened lately but really....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back