Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Video, 2017 911 [991] Carrera 4 GTS tested

Porsche News

The Porsche 911 GTS is back. With more power, keener suspension and changes to the aerodynamics, the GTS becomes the sharpest 911 you can currently buy; not quite a GT3, but sharper and edgier than a regular 911 Carrera.

The GTS can be had as a Targa, Cabriolet or Coupe, with two or four-wheel drive and with a manual or dual-clutch auto gearbox. We head to Wales to test the four-wheel drive coupe with a PDK automatic gearbox. At around £100,000 and with 444bhp, not only does the GTS go up against the likes of the Jaguar F-Type and BMW M6 but, as we discover, is so good that it could also challenge the Audi R8 and McLaren 570 S.

Very nice...

Close to pulling the trigger on a GTS4 having dallied with i8's and R8 V10 Pluses over the last few months.

Still have reservations about going form my 3.8 to a 3.0TT, but I think the GTS offers enough other differences that I'll manage! Just swapping for another C4S would probably have not been a big enough difference. :dont know:

Just struggling on colours. My 991.1 C4s is white. My previous car (e92 M3) was also white, so I feel like I would like a change. Tempted to go Carmine Red but there is some lure in the subtlety of swapping to another white car. Either way, I am going alcantara with the red contrast.

I have a GTS-4 coming in April and can't wait. Originally a C4S but changed the order when I saw the specs of the GTS.

First Porsche, not to mention first new car ever!

I'm in as well. Deposit paid. :thumb:

EdTheDuck said:
What colour combo did you go for in the end?

Congratulations on your new car. I'm on my first Porsche and will be soon ordering my second.

What colour combo did you go for?

Thanks! What are you ordering?

Mine is / will be GT Silver with Black/Bordeaux interior. Originally I was considering a custom colour but the silver goes nicely for me with the extra black bits on the GTS.

Attachments

• 911_gts_187.jpg
    911_gts_187.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 5,485
Silver with black/bordeaux interior will look great I reckon.

I'm hoping to order a new 991.2 GTS soon, and am stuck on colour. I really think your GT Silver above or Agate with the same interior would be brilliant - but everyone says you should keep the Alcantara/leather interior on a GTS. I don't necessarily agree with that as not everyone likes that interior, plus it costs an extra £2k on top of the leather interior.

but everyone says you should keep the Alcantara/leather interior on a GTS
It's your car, have it how you want it. I thought about Alcantara but a) I find it a bit drab and b) don't like it on the steering wheel. In the end I went for GTS on the outside and comfy on the inside, where I'm going to sit.

It's hard to make a 911 look bad, without resorting to pink ostrich leather with lime green detailing. Miami Blue is stunning in the light but difficult to match an interior to other than black. Fashion Grey is a lovely PTS colour.

EdTheDuck said:
but everyone says you should keep the Alcantara/leather interior on a GTS
It's your car, have it how you want it. I thought about Alcantara but a) I find it a bit drab and b) don't like it on the steering wheel. In the end I went for GTS on the outside and comfy on the inside, where I'm going to sit.

Lol.

The alcantara interior is a big part of what attracts me to a GTS. Much prefer to sit on alcantara than leather as it's warmer in winter, cooler in summer and you don't slide around. Had an alcantara wheel on an M3 CSL and loved it, but they need constant cleaning to not get soiled and go hard. A wipe with a damp microfibre cloth does the trick though as it pulls all the grease off. Same trick works well on a leather wheel btw and keeps leather looking matt and new!

So for me the GTS Alcantara interior is a shoe in.

My biggest concern remains the donkey in the back. Every 991.2 I've driven so far has left me cold versus the 3.8 N/A. The TT is efficient and punchy, but it lacks the feel good of the NA rumble and soundtrack. You can't unlearn what you know intimately. If I'd not got a 991.1 I'd be in hog heaven with a GTS4.2. As it is, I'm taking a punt that the GTS is closer to what I'm used to than the .2 Carreras are.

Take a look at Harry Metcalfes youtube 991.2 review ... he nailed it for me.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back