Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 immobilizer/alarm problem

badlands

Ok the weather looks surprisingly warm so I couldn't wait any longer!! Went to the garage this morning and reconnected the battery.

With the battery now reconnected, as soon as I opened the car door all hell broke loose - alarm blaring, indicator lights flashing furiously :evil:

I quickly put the imobilizer fob into the dash and got the 3 beeps, then turned the engine over with the key. This seemed to stop the alarm blaring, but indicators still flashing. Think the alarm soon went off again so I gave up and disconnected the battery again.

Any ideas....if I put the DME relay back in and actually start the car this evening, will all be back to normal?

Note, I don't have the imob with the buttons - it's the version which is just the door/ignition key and the little key fob.

Any advice much appreciated!
:bye:

Use key to lock /unlock drivers door. Used to work when I had HP1000 fitted.

thanks for advice, will give that a try this evening

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back