Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Carrera 4S winter wheels on to a Carrera 2?

Kith

Hi All

Newbie here, to shortly take delivery of my first 911, a boggo 3.6 Carrera manual 997.2.

A mate of mine who has a 997.2 Targa 4S is selling me his winter wheels which he longer requires. They are the 18" Carrera IV design (Part No 997.044.601.72) which he sourced through the local OPC but I've got a horrible feeling that these won't fit the standard body Carrera due to the 4WD offset and wide body.

I've heard differing views on this, would it still be OK to run the slightly wider wheels and if so, would this negatively impact my OPC Warranty coverage?

Cheers

Paul

Local OPC has confirmed that they won't fit a C2. *****. Anyone want a set of OEM 18"s complete with TPMS senders and coloured centre caps for their 4S?

Kith said:
Local OPC has confirmed that they won't fit a C2. *****. Anyone want a set of OEM 18"s complete with TPMS senders and coloured centre caps for their 4S?

I seriously wouldn't go off what OPC tell you. Ask some one in the wheel game like www.exelwheels.co.uk

You can fit c2 wheels to a c4 with spacers
But I'm afraid you can't fit C4 wheels to a c2
The fronts are the same, but the offsets are different on the rear, remember the wider rear arches, hence why they won't fit

mark pearce said:
You can fit c2 wheels to a c4 with spacers
But I'm afraid you can't fit C4 wheels to a c2
The fronts are the same, but the offsets are different on the rear, remember the wider rear arches, hence why they won't fit

No such word as "can't"!

Liberty-Walk-Porsche-Wide-Body-Kit-From-Street-Standarrd.jpg

There is such a word as "abomination"

HTH

:grin:

One potential solution is for me to source a pair of the correct 10.5J ET60 rear wheels and then swap the 295/35/18 tyres on to these.

Only potential issue is that the handbook states the correct winter 18" rear size to be 265/40/18. Does anyone with experience of OPC warranties know if running a slightly wider, but otherwise approved (ie N-rated) tyre would invalidate my warranty?

Well, bit of a pain but you could always take it in for the renewal with matching, N rated summer tyres less than 6 yrs old.
Even an OPC can't have an issue then. Choose a warm day though, over 7°

jonno_ said:
Well, bit of a pain but you could always take it in for the renewal with matching, N rated summer tyres less than 6 yrs old.
Even an OPC can't have an issue then. Choose a warm day though, over 7°

Good thinking but my concern is more to do with if it goes in for some warranty work, will they use the tyres as an excuse to wriggle out of coverage.

My local OPC has confirmed that the 295/35/18s are OK for warranty purposes so I just need to source a pair of 10.5J x 18 Carrera IV wheels and I'll be good to go. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back