Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My Porscha 964 Project 2017

SLOW PROGRESS

Its been slooooow progress up at JPL. 2 resprays worth of old paint removed and rust still to be repaired...
Think Brian may need to start cracking the whip ...

While thats all going on, the Hans seats are being made as we speak... Shell backs painted in the new Maritime Blue body colour... :grin:

Seat backs look the nutz :thumb:

With regards paint, I presume they are going to colour change the whole shell?

Like a house renovation, these things seem to always take twice as long as planned.. my Lotus Esprit was to receive a couple of months' work, it is now 13 months later and still with the garage - maybe its a UK cultural thing, too, can't imagine the Germans putting up with too many delays. I digress - here's a few pics of one that Brian made earlier - believe me, this painful wait will come good, very good :thumb:

Jaap

About time we received some photos from you :worship:

Its looking great, mine will be very similar with a few subtle differences....

With the wings off, joints have been cleaned, rust cut away, welded and plated.

The rear light cluster housing need to be replaced as the rust is quite bad. Jasmine had ordered in advance a set that will be welded in next week.

In addition to this the door straps were shot so with the wings already removed i took the extra precaution of getting Brian to order a pair of door strap fixing mounts. These are welded behind the door pillars to give extra reinforcement to the factory steel walls which are relatively thin and tend to deteriorate over time.

bad

Recaro Reps have arrived and at a good price imo

Last few weeks have been a bit dull having the rust treated on all the usual spots. Unfortunately no updates there. Hans Hahn's seats have however arrived with the matching tri colour leather as per the real RS.

I wasn't sure about the painted backs in Martime Blue, having seen them in a variety of brighter hues such as yellow, white and red. Am happy to say that in the flesh though these really set the car off.

The saga continues...

There are lots of new parts at U11 including a brand new crankshaft... :thumb:

Those seats look amazing, great quality :thumb:

Cheers,
Paul

Loving the three colour leather on the seats

Seats look fab, really enjoying following this thread.

:thumb:

Gazc2 said:
Good read here on Norms car if you want some inspiration it did take 4 years to complete mind you !

http://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...ation-lightweight-c4-2pack-paint-soon-74.html

Thanks Gaz, interesting read there. Does Norm still own the car?
:thumbs:

More updates -
New light housings were also ordered as the existing ones were rusted beyond repair and made sense to renew this area.

Rusty support bolts for the rear bumper and impact bars have crumbled and new ones have to be fabricated and welded in after treatment.

Meanwhile U11 have a delivery...

...Of a new crankshaft and a host of other parts

Crankcase stripped and waiting assembly

Heads built and attached to the cam carriers

Cam, rockers will be fitted later in the build

The fried heat exchanger is :pc: ..Needs to be replaced

:pc:

Last few weeks have been slow with not a lot going on. The bodyshop are a few week behind and as a result things have been delayed.

I can take comfort that had this restoration not happened, the C4 would have been destined for the scrap heap.

Rusty sills have now been cut out, treated, rewelded, plated and primed.

Interior areas being painted... Slowly getting there.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back