Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sun visor clip - painted?

Is it a good idea to buy a non-oe clip and than paint it?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DDarkz

I was wondering, would it be reasonable to your folks mind to get a black sun visor clip for $4 and get it painted with that rubber spray-paint before installation? Because I do not feel I want to pay more for the tiny plastic thing that won't even be visible... And yes, mine is missing...
Just wanted to hear your folks oppinion on that...
Cheers!

PS - it is 1998 911 Series

1) Have you actually priced it from Porsche? If not it might be cheaper than you think.

2) Are you intending seeking membership to the 993 Illuminati :dont know: If yes it must be OE along with wiper widget and 8 (or is it 9) hole cable ties in the front trunk.

3) Do you think anyone will notice it's non-OE if the first two questions are not applicable :?:

Zingers has a point... is about £5 at the first place I looked. (Design911)

And they say this forum is boring !

Hi, sure thing I checked online, but I'm in the States, and here the non-OE clips are black only (like these https://www.carid.com/sun-visor-clips/)... While with Porsche it is not in stock and no eta... So I guess I will grab an aftermarket piece and then will get it spray-painted to get it in... That's the right point, noone will know it's painted except of me.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back