Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Customise your 'phone charging lead

kerb scraper

Stuck for something to do on these long winter days? Use your 'phone in the car with Bluetooth and as a GPS? Then you'll be familiar with the need to charge in use and probably have an ungainly lead hanging out of the dash.

Here's an easy DIY that even the least practical can manage:

Take your annoying straight charging lead, untangle it and wrap round a pencil like this:

IMG_0620_zpsv4bauoer.jpg~original

Secure it at either end somehow - small bulldog clips work well enough

Then heat it up with a hot air gun set on low or SWMBO's hairdryer

When it is good and hot put it in the freezer for 10 minutes

Voila - instant period correct coiled lead:

IMG_0621_zpslnlpqcqb.jpg

Tidier looking dash:

October%202016%20003_zpsbsky4bk0.jpg

Agreed the mount is a bit chunky but it is only clipped on and can be removed. The swivel mount and high position gives the best viewing angle (for my very dated and uncool iPhone 4S).

Fantastic I am going to try this

I use one of these with my iPhone:

612FPkcdb7L._SY355_.jpg

15cm Lightning Cable

Viz 'Top Tips' :worship:

dommorton said:
I use one of these with my iPhone:

612FPkcdb7L._SY355_.jpg

15cm Lightning Cable

Come on Dom.... iphone in a 993! Not 'in keeping' at all....

Surely this is you?.....

Capturefa_zpsamhctzld.jpg
[/URL][/img][/url]

Got Spotify Bluetooth streaming through the Becker too. Keeping the old girl fresh without destroying the aesthetic 8)

Wireless charging for me. Period correct....for 2017 ;-)

Tobesetc said:
How on earth do you manage that in a 993 :?

BenC said:
Tobesetc said:
How on earth do you manage that in a 993 :?

Wireless charging cradles are no bigger than any other cradle (and often better made as more expensive). Because you do not have to plug/unplug it each time you can have the cables discreetly hidden from view. You just push the phone into the dock and away you go.

Like Dom I also use BT to stream Spotify to my stereo - Dom is right, it's a really good solution.

As an aside...I use Car Home Ultra to control my phone behaviour. When it senses the stereo it automatically connects and launches the Car Controls on the phone - basically an enlarged set of icons, etc. So if I put my phone in the cradle, by the time I've reversed out of the garage it's all set for car use and has started playing the last Spotify song I was on. Best car phone/stereo set-up I've ever had (and nothing to do with the 993 as it would transfer to any stereo).

kerb scraper, what bracket is that?

It's a Brodit clip designed specifically for the 993 dash with a Brodit iPhone cradle.

The clip comes with adhesive strips but these are not necessary as the clip errrr.... Just clips on quite securely and can be removed when not in use.

Both available from various sources but I bought them from Drive Safe and Legal.

https://www.drivesafeandlegal.co.uk

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back