Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Home Built Hot Rod (Video Build)

I have been busy doing my research on sound deadening. I had always had the idea of smothering everything in Dynamat and call it a day. After looking into it more it seems there is more to it than that, if you actually want the cabin a nice place to be. In this episode I go into detail about how to correctly sound insulate the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSZTgO9msFI&t=1s

ragpicker said:
Good work Jeff!

Whats happening with the engine then? Got it back yet?

Still working out the details and sourcing parts. The engine is still sitting on the shelf in the back of my workshop and in those boxes until we get the details sorted.

What I can tell you is that, I will be going to the US to have a go at machining some of the parts myself. Then all of the parts will get shipped back and I will build the engine.

Hopefully more news soon.

Homebuiltbyjeff said:
ragpicker said:
Good work Jeff!

Whats happening with the engine then? Got it back yet?

Still working out the details and sourcing parts. The engine is still sitting on the shelf in the back of my workshop and in those boxes until we get the details sorted.

What I can tell you is that, I will be going to the US to have a go at machining some of the parts myself. Then all of the parts will get shipped back and I will build the engine.

Hopefully more news soon.

Great stuff mate! Look forward to seeing it!

16406526_1767470166907324_7926164598881801152_n.jpg

I really enjoy your videos Jeff :thumb:

It`s really good to see someone going the old skool route of doing all the work themselves, instead of buying off the shelf parts to just bolt on :grin:

Plus I love the colour purple :thumbs:

Retrimming the seats looked like absolute torture though :sad:

Keep up the good work, and regards to Mrs Jeff :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back